Part 78: Decision

It had officially been four days, six hours and forty eight minutes since Yoongi and Jimin had last spoken.

The people around Yoongi quickly noticed his especially bad mood but choose to say anything in fears of the younger exploding.

Even the teachers in school left Yoongi alone deciding to give him his space, not nagging him when not replying or paying attention and even sending him home the day prior because of how pale and glum he was.

In short, Jimin never called.

He never phoned up to apologies or to at least offer an explanation and Yoongi being the stubborn man he was refused to call him first even though he really missed the other (and was losing sleep at the thought of him being mad at him and not being able to see his baby boy but if asked by his closest friends he left that out.)

Jimin was in a similar position for the first few hours but it quickly turned to regret and self hate for acting that way.

His Grammy asked what was wrong so he told her and begged her not to talk to Yoongi which she reluctantly agreed too even though she knew communication could fix it.

But alas it was to no avail.

She tried to talk Jimin in to phoning Yoongi but he wouldn't budge.

They were both just as stubborn as the other.

Yoongi decided he didn't want to stay locked up in his apartment for the whole weekend so went out straight after his lessons for the week finished to the ice cream parlor he took Jimin too a lot.

It wasn't even a conscious decision but he found himself there anyway and it seemed like fate had nudged him in that direction for a reason.

When he went through the doors he was surprised to see two familiar people sat at a table near the window eating ice cream.

One of which looked concerned and the other looked like he'd been crying none stop and left his house for the first time in a while - which wasn't necessarily wrong.

Yoongi felt his heart pang in an instant and wanted to leave before his resolve cracked but decided he may as well get ice cream since he was there, also hoping to maybe finding out what was wrong with the sad boy and maybe coaxing him into talking to him or at the very least apologising.

His aim was to go unnoticed while at the same time catching their attention but that all failed when the worried woman called out "Yoongi?" sounding surprised but relieved to see him.

Yoongi froze for a moment debating ignoring her but when she called out "Jimin?!" and he heard the door swing open he turned around and looked panicked.

Mrs Park turned to him and panickedly asked "What happened?" as she quickly collected both of their stuff so she could run after him.

Yoongi looked at her for a moment and then the door before making a decision which he might regret later.

.

.

.

He ran after Jimin.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------

If there was one thing Yoongi forgot about Jimin it was how athletic he was.

Yoongi on the other hand wasn't.

Jimin kept running even after Yoongi called out to him, wiping his eyes before running a bit quicker to a random place.

Yoongi sighed dramatically as he began to run faster too trying to keep up with the speedy boy not caring how stupid he looked because he's look like the dumbest man on Earth if it meant Jimin was safe and out of harms way.

And by some twisted fate Jimin turned around.

But that wasn't the twisted part.

Yoongi had ran straight into a road without checking not thinking of anything but Jimin and getting to the other and didn't see a car heading directly for him running a red light.

.

.

.