Part 34: Emotional mess

"So to repeat without all the m-messy details. I had to grow up to fast and would get beaten for any reason what so ever and sent to get money and st-stuff because I was to cutesy for my dads liking and I had to 'be a man' even at age six." Jimin let out a sigh, no longer crying because the more he went on the more dead he felt.

Yoongi was devastated that Jimin had to experience what he did and seeing how broken it left him hurt him more, and it being the 'anniversary' of the night he nearly got beat to death then taken away broke his heart more.

Jimin didn't deserve that, no one did.

Jimin told Yoongi a lot of things in that hour, and all of those things only made Yoongi angry and want to protect Jimin even more.

It was such a delicate topic and Yoongi didn't want to say anything that could possibly upset or trigger Jimin but he was to overwhelmed to think straight so ended up proposing a offer.

"I will gladly beat the shit out of your dad, any day of the week. Obviously i'll thank him for bring your cute and perfect everything into existence but then i'll show him a fraction of what you had to experience and that would easily be enough to break someone who thinks its okay to treat people like that, clearly he's never being on the receiving end and if he was it wasn't to the extent he put you through. You soft innocent ball of cuteness who I need to protect while heartedly and if that means kicking the crap out of your dad I will."

Jimin chuckled sadly with some of the emotion he lost along the way coming back which only made Yoongi feel worse because he could see the sadness fully in his eyes again.

He didn't know what was worse, the sadness or nothingness in his eyes.

Either way he never wanted to be the cause of either, only wanting to fix it.

Jimin quietly spoke after a brief silence saying "Firstly thank you, secondly thank you? and thirdly don't hurt him please hyung. He might be a prick but he's still my dad and even though he deserves it don't do it so it doesn't play on your conscience."

Jimin was trying to smile but he clearly had too much playing on his own mind making him grimace in an attempt of a real smile, so Yoongi took the lead.

And what better way to make his cute dongsaeng smile than be a cringy hyung.

"I have to much swag and not enough conscience, don't worry."

Jimin snickered at the comment and covered his mouth trying his best not to make any stupid sounds, letting a small "Dork." escape from his lips.

Maybe it was because of how sad he was feeling or because of how much of an affect anything Yoongi did had on him but he found that comment ten times funnier than it was.

His hyung really was an old man.

Yoongi pouted dramatically as he rested his head on Jimin's looking deep into his eyes after defensively saying "Hey! Don't be mean to your kind and caring hyung who is willing to kill someone for hurting you."

Jimin snicker again but this time it turned into more of a chuckle as he thought about how much his hyung really was trying.

He did see Yoongi acting like this a lot in little space but since they hadn't spent that much time together in big space he found it especially endearing.

Jimin cooed "My kind, caring and dorky hyung who uses the word swag un-ironically." getting a huff in response from Yoongi who playfully whined "Be nice to meeeeeee~"

Yoongi was definetly playing up being annoyed at the teasing but the smile on jimin's lips was real to a certain degree and that gave him enough energy to put his laziness aside and put some effort into making Jimin smile.

The only person he would put so much effort in for.

Jimin chuckled and cupped the others face and asked "Who's the child now hyungieee~" causing Yoongi to pout more as he said "Oh shush, big or little your still my cute, little chimmy."

Jimin giggled as a light blush spread across his cheeks, both knowing why but leaving it unsaid.

Yoongi pulled Jimin into a proper hug deciding to go back a little on the cheerful mood just so he could say one thing.

"I promise no matter what Jiminie I will protect you and make you feel safe and happy no matter what and if I ever fail to do that, please tell me so I can fix it. I care about you even if you don't care about yourself sometimes, even when you feel like giving up I care and i'm here to help. So please stop suffering alone and let me and your grammy help."

Yoongi felt his shirt getting wet again as Jimin playfully hit his chest laughing as he cried "Stop playing with my heart, I keep going from sad to happy to happy sad and I don't know how to react or what to dooooo..."

"Youuuuuuu binge eat your emotions?"

"On the couch?"

"Watching a film?"

"With a blanket?"

"Cuddling?"

"With Holly?"

"Maybe or with eachother and Holly?"

"Deal."