Part 37: Complete

Mrs Park came home two days after baking the cookies but Yoongi still stayed the rest of the holiday spending time with Jimin in and out of little space because they wanted to get there project done so that there would be less stress on them both.

And they managed it, they completed the whole thing without getting stressed and getting to know each other better at the same time.

Yoongi turned the project in the day they went back and they both passed with the best grade they could get meaning they were both set now and had less stress for the rest of the year.

However to get to the point of handing it in took a lot of work...

------ ------ ------ -------

"Jimin, it's perfect. We can't do anything else to it. Literally."

Yoongi was sat next to Jimin in the youngers room, looking down at the laptop which had there completed project on display.

Jimin bit his lip light before saying "I know hyung but don't you think... somethings wrong with it...?"

Jimin looked hopeful that there was another error but that hope was crushed when Yoongi said "Nope, and I know how much hard work we've put into this and how hard it's been on you. I'm surprised you don't want it to be over with Jiminie."

And Yoongi genuinely was surprised considering how hard he tried to avoid doing it before he met Yoongi.

Jimin let out a small sigh before quietly saying "It's not that I don't..."

It was barely audible but Yoongi heard it so asked "Then what is it?"

Jimin paused or a moment, taking a breath then saying "I just... nevermind... it's stupid..."

He couldn't bring himself to say it and felt stupid for how he was feeling but a part of him told him that was he was thinking was true.

Yoongi knew Jimin needed a push so said "Jimin." in a firm tone hoping it would make the stubborn boy budge.

Something Yoongi learned quickly about Jimin in big space is that he was stubborn when it came to talking about his feelings or what he wanted, similarily to him when in little space but able to hold a valid argument most of the time.

Jimin sassily replied "Yoongi." deciding that was the stance he was going to take to avoid saying it.

He really did feel dumb.

In the same tone Yoongi simply stated "Spill." hoping it would push the other into saying what he was thinking.

Jimin played dumb so asked "Spill what?" causing Yoongi to shake his head as he said "You know what and we both know we will just keep going back and forth until you cave so spill. Why don't you want it to be over with?"

He had a point and Jimin knew it.

Jimin took another breath before trying to say "B-because... If it's over... that means... It's a stupid reason..."

He was really struggling to just say it.

Yoongi tried to offer comfort by saying "Jiminie, tell me. It's okay." in a softer tone but he could tell that it probably didn't help much so took one of Jimin's hands instead knowing he was a sucker for skinship.

Jimin took a shaky breath trying to fight back his fears as he choked out "I-If it's over that means you have n-no reason to come back here anymore..."

He felt so stupid in that moment and felt like crying, his feelings were contradictory to his thoughts and were slowly being dragged down with them.

Yoongi's heart broke a little because he had a sight hunch that could be the reason but he hope Jimin valued their friendship more than that.

Yoongi squeeze Jimin's hands as he said "Jimin-ah. I'll always come back here to see you. Your my friend. I care about you a lot and i'd never just be able to up and leave you. I know how delicate and precious you are and that you need protecting and that's why i'm here now and why i'll always be."

Jimin felt the tears he was holding back start to escape his eyes as he quitely called out "H-hyung..." wanting to say something or anything to try and show how thankful he was but he just couldn't speak,

He didn't know what was happening or why but the tenseness in his body began to worsen after hearing that, almost like his mind was playing a trick on him saying things like 'he'll leave' or 'he'll hurt you' which Jimin didn't believe nor want to.

Yoongi noticed Jimin's composure change and could tell what was happening from Jimin's ragged breath and the shaking he'd noticed, since Yoongi pointed out they were nearly done, getting worse.

He opened his arms and quietly said "Come here Chim..." letting Jimin take his time in coming to him and hugging him when he was ready.

"I'll never leave you Chim okay? I promise."