Part 38: Invite

Yoongi decided he'd go pay a 'surprise' visit to the Parks since Jimin's birthday was coming up and Yoongi wanted ideas for gifts, plus he generally missed the other.

Mrs Park knew he was visiting.

He didn't need to press the buzzer to get in anymore because he knew the code so when he knocked on the door he wasn't sure what to expect.

But what greeted him easily made his day.

"YOONI!" Jimin called out as he swung the door wide open and dove into the older boys arms.

Yoongi shouted back "CHIMMY!" with just as much energy and chuckled as he hugged the boy in his arms.

Mrs Park also yelled "GRAMMY!" before lightly chuckling and apologising "Sorry I just felt left out."

The three made their way into the house and Yoongi made sure to pet Holly on the way past one of her many beds.

They made their way to the living room where Mrs Park already had Yoongi's favourite drink waiting.

Yoongi had to hold back his laughter when Jimin dropped his fist into his hand saying "That's why you gots dat drink out."

They all sat around the coffee table and Jimin basically clung to Yoongi's side not that Yoongi minded much since it was Jimin.

After a while of small talk and very brief catching up Mrs Park asked "Jiminie don't you have something to give to Yoongi?" causing the smaller boys head to pop up and nod before he ran away somewhere.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow and Mrs Park just chuckled and nodded in the direction which Jimin was already running back in.

Jimin stood in front of Yoongi and extended his arms holding out a invite as he asked "To Yooni Hyungie, pwease could you comes to Jiminie's 18th Birthday pawty. All the stuff is in tha letter. Pwease and tank you. Minnie."

Yoongi chuckled but immediately accepted saying "I'd love to. Thank you for the invite." before even opening the letter.

Jimin dove on Yoongi hugging him tightly and Yoongi just chuckled return the action.

Mrs Park smiled warmly but her smile quickly turned to a frown as she said "You might want to check the invite before confirming honey."

Jimin quickly said "You can't say no now~ you told Minnie you would go." Pouting sadly at the end as he continued to hug Yoongi.

Yoongi opened the letter since clearly it had an important detail and Oh boi was it important.

"Oh it's like a coming of age, work, family, formal event. If you want me there I'd gladly be." Yoongi said calmly even though inside he was mentally cursing.

He didn't even go to his own birthday coming of age thing that his mother and father set up but he agreed to go to Jimin's.

"We'd both love you too deary but we also know that it probably won't be fun and will be uncomfortable and we don't want you to go through that." Mrs Park said trying not to put Jimin off more.

"Will Jimin's..."

"Jimin's parent will be going. Yes."

The mood in the room went somber as Jimin quietly whispered "I dun wan dem too..."

Yoongi held on slightly tighter to Jimin and whispered "They can't hurt you or make you do anything now. I promise. You don't even have to talk to them if you don't want to."

Jimin looked up at Yoongi sadly and Yoongi looked back playing with Jimin's hair.

"I'll be there as long as I'm welcome."

Mrs Park smiles sadly at him and said "Thank you Yoongi. You really are kind. Will you please do me a favour dear?"

Yoongi could tell by her voice and the look on her face after the topic of the party she was stressed and sad so said "Yes?" Immediately.

"Will you please take Jimin out to by a suit and accessories. I'd go myself but I have to plan and make arrangements for security reasons."

Yoongi instantly replied "Of course Mrs Park." Because not only was the reason valid but he also enjoyed taking Jimin shopping.