Part 26: Babysitter

Jimin and Yoongi both made their way downstairs, hand in hand, and walked into the living room where Mrs Park was waiting for them.

Yoongi realised that she probably was waiting as he just lay around so instantly apologised saying "Sorry for taking so long Mrs Park i'm a heavy sleeper."

The elderly woman swatted her hand and said "It's fine, don't worry about it sweetie. Did you have a nice nap?"

"Yes thank you, it's getting pretty late so I should probably-"

"Your not leaving until you've eaten dear, no offence but I have a hunch that the moment you get home you'll fall straight back to sleep and not eat anything. Now come sit down so we can order some food." Mrs Park said interrupting him.

Yoongi couldn't even deny it because it was accurate so made his way over to the couch with Jimin.

They ended up ordering random food and Mrs Park and Yoongi spoke about the day out as Jimin watched cartoons on the TV.

Half way through something she was saying she suddenly remembered something, turning to Jimin and saying "I have a business trip and I have to leave here tomorrow morning to get to the air port."

Both Jimin and Yoongi looked at her surprised and the elderly woman looked guilty.

"I'm sorry it's so last minute Jiminie, that quick phone call earlier was to see if I had to leave or if they could manage the situation on their own. I just remembered."

She looked apologetically at her grandson who looked like he was ready to burst out into tears.

Jimin looked at her helplessly and Yoongi sat there sympathising with Jimin in the situation since his parents often had to leave him randomly on his own when he was growing up for business trips.

he wanted to help but he recalled when he was in that position that all he wanted was for his parents to be there... for someone to be there... someone who actually cared...

"Jiminie sweetie, i'm so sorry. I'll sort something out for you okay? i'll try and find someone to watch you now, then you won't be alone-"

Jimin cut her off shouting "I dun wan' someone! I wan' you!"

His face read a mixture of sadness and anger, he didn't want to be alone.

Mrs Park tried to reason with him saying "Sweetie if I don't fix this we could lose out on a lot of money-"

"We dun need money! We only need each other! Please don't leave me!"

Jimin started sobbing loudly and Yoongi could tell from the look on Mrs Parks face that she didn't want to go either and that she had no response for Jimin.

And just like when Yoongi was a child, it all came down to money - something Yoongi didn't realise he needed and relied on until he had to grow up.

Yoongi placed a hand on Mrs Park's shoulder and offered "I can watch him if you want, so he's not alone and with someone who he doesn't know."

Mrs Park took Yoongi's hands and bowed gratefully saying "Thank you." as Jimin watched still crying.

Yoongi got up and moved in front of Jimin so he could see his face and wiped his tears with his sleeve.

Yoongi softly whispered "I promise we'll have fun Jiminie and that your Grammy will come back as soon as she can. You remember when you promised you trusted me? Will trust me when I say she has to go and do this, okay?"

Jimin shook his head as he cried "Okay." quickly being pulled into a hug by his grandmother which he complied to hugging.

After that they ate food and made a Mrs Park told Yoongi he can stay at the house and that she'd send any information Yoongi needed over text so it was written down somewhere.

Yoongi went home after that and packed some clothes being told it'd be more than four days at least.

The next day he set off to the Park house again but this time for a longer stay...