Part 28: Head spaces

Mrs P & Yoongi

Yoongi:
Hi Mrs P, I was just wondering if you had any tips or info about anything really?
I managed to get Jimin to calm down reasonable considering how upset he was

Mrs P:
Hello dear, I'm glad Jimin's doing better and I was just about to message you knowing Jimin normally sleeps after dinner.
From the looks of things I'm going to have to give you the run down for four different stages depending on how he's feeling since he's regressed further than normal yesterday and I'm not sure how long it'll last
But with the time of year and everything as well, I can see it lasting longer which makes me feel worse about having to leave him

Yoongi:
Try not to worry to much, I think deep down Jimin understands but he just doesn't want to accept it

Mrs P:
I think your right there sweetie.
Okay so first of all, my little Jiminie typically has 4 age ranges.
His actual age.
7-8.
4-5.
And then 0-2.
His actual age you've seen before and spent time with him in so I think you'll be fine there but he does still need supervision because his mental state is fragile and he thinks badly on himself.
7-8 is the typical age range he sticks to because that was when everything reached its worse which it stayed at consistently until I got custody. You've also seen this and he might not act like it but he's a sucker for compliment - that applies for all. He's the best behaved in this state but he's still an angel in them all.
Next would be...
4-5 which is the state I left you with, he's more emotional and needs more attention and constant approval. He's also shyer in this head space and won't admit when he wants something so sometimes it needs more pushing.
And finally is known as baby space. He goes into this randomly when he's let everything build up to much or needs that extra bit of tlc. He'll be embarrassed if I tell you this but there's a possibility he might go into it so you need to know, but he also might not and if he finds out i've told you he'll be mad at me.

Yoongi:
Don't worry Mrs Park, What ever it is I won't judge him.
I understand plus like you said he might not go into it, so he'll never have to know.

Mrs P:
Thank you dear. I'm just going to be straight forward with the main part which will probably make you want to run for the hills. He needs a nappy. In baby space he is like a literal baby. He doesn't talk and if he does it's very few words. He's extra clingy and needs help with food and practically everything. He's most fragile in this head space and it's the one where he lets all of his built up emotions out which makes it the hardest to deal with other than big space. He only goes into it around people he trusts whole heartedly so he might not but he really trusts you so I'm not really sure if he will or not.

Yoongi:
That isn't that bad, and it makes sense as to why so he shouldn't be embarrassed but I understand why he would. Especially when he can't help when he feels that way.
I only have three question.

Mrs P:
Your such a understanding angel Yoongi.
A true gift from above.
Ask away dear.

Yoongi:
1.) where are the nappies if it happens and does he need help with them?
2.) what food does he typically like to eat?
3.) does he need help with anything in any other headspace?
That's 4 but oh well

Mrs P:
Nappies are in the cupboard under the sink in a woven basket, and he does but sometimes he won't need it. He's only been in baby space about 5 times and he's only needed help once when he was poorly.
As for food it depends on what he wants. He's hard to get to eat in general so your best asking him.
And sometimes he will need help washing his hair and making a bath up and getting dressed.

Yoongi:
Okay so:
Ask what food he wants
Give cuddles and praise
Help get dressed if he needs it
Help with filling the bath and maybe washing hair
Just be there for him and keep him happy
??

Mrs P:
Exactly.
Thank you so much dear, I'll pay you when I get back for doing this

Yoongi:
There's no need, Jimin's my friend so it's just like spending time with a friend
Plus he watches some good cartoons

Mrs P:
Your a literal angel sweetie
Jiminie is lucky to have you as a friend

Yoongi:
I've got to go because Jimin's starting to wake up, thank you for the advice and I'm wishing you luck with work, talk to you later Mrs Park.
[Yoongi left the chat]

Mrs P:
Talk to you soon dear.
[Mrs P left the chat]