Part 23: Guilt

Jimin quietly answered "Anything as long as there isn't a lot of people." Avoiding Yoongi's eye contact.

Yoongi however continued to look at the boy with a raised eyebrow, asking "Anything?" Just to be sure.

Jimin nodded firmly, repeating "Anything." Sounding as certain as he could.

A smirk made its way to Yoongi's face as he said "So if I wanted us to go watch a horror film..."

He spoke slowly, not really meaning it but wanted to tease Jimin a little.

Jimin was quick to say "Anything but that." As he looked up at Yoongi innocently through his eyes lashes.

Jimin was pouting slightly as he said it which only made the cute scene even cuter.

Yoongi decided to tease a little more saying "But you said-" being cut off of by Jimin who stated "Anything. But. That."

Jimin's pout intensified making it harder for Yoongi to not coo.

Instead he decided to stop teasing and said "Fineeeee... how about we go to the park?"

Jimin's face lit up lightly as he nodded once saying "Deal." As he shook Yoongi's hand.

The waitress brought over there food and Yoongi payed for them both before Jimin could pull the money out which his grandmother had given him.

The waitress left after standing there awkwardly for a minute after Yoongi and Jimin had thanked her.

Jimin happily began to eat his cake as Yoongi just watched and smiled.

The taste brought Jimin back to his childhood and the weekends he'd spend with his grandmother when she'd save him from the misery of his day to day life.

He looked up at Yoongi, noticing the other wasn't eating.

Jimin looked at the other confused then asked "Is you not- are you not hungry hyung?"

Mentally face palming but also cheering for falling and catching himself before he did fully.

Yoongi noticed it and also noticed the correlation between Jimin seeming happier and Jimin's regressing - which shocked him more than it should.

Yoongi looked down at his muffin then back to Jimin, answering "Yeah I just got distracted." Quickly changing the topic.

"So... I was wondering why you don't have your own phone."

Jimin looked at Yoongi, surprised that he noticed or cared.

He answered "Grammy doesn't think it's a good idea because I kept phoning her when she was in work after she gave me one because I was lonely." Rubbing the back of his head awkwardly,embarrassed he was admitting it.

Yoongi frowned slightly as he asked "How do you talk to your friends then?"

Jimin frowned as well, replying"I already told you I have none..."

Yoongi instantly felt guilty and clarified "I didn't think you were being serious when you said that Jimin-ah. It didn't make sense and doesn't but either way, i'm sorry if I upset you."

Jimin quietly said "It's okay." with his full demeanor changing as he slowly shrank in his chair.

Yoongi rose from his seat slightly and reached forward taking the others hand with one of his own and tilting Jimin's face up with his other.

Jimin was slightly surprise but still tried his best to avoid eye contact from Yoongi and the watching eyes from the others in the small cafe.

Yoongi knew that Jimin was trying to avoid his gaze making him feel worse.

He quietly called out "Jimin..." causing the other boys face to become sadder as he slowly moved his gaze to reach Yoongi's.

Jimin whispered a small "Yes." which was barely audible.

Yongi looked deeply into Jimin's eyes as he said "I'm sorry, I genuinely thought you weren't being serious. I can't understand why you wouldn't have friends, your such a friendly, pure and lovable person. I'm sorry for upsetting you. I really am."

Jimin knew that Yoongi was being serious and he also knew that the other wouldn't purposefully upset him so he placed his own smaller hand over Yoongi's which was still on his chin, intertwining their other hand, forcing a smile as he promised "I said it was fine hyung, really."

Yoongi nodded and sat back down again even though guilt was swallowing him whole seeing straight through Jimin's forced smile.

Jimin could tell Yoongi still felt guilty so decided he may as well be straight forward and answer the question Yoongi was secretly thinking.

"I don't have friends because out of... you know... I'm very shy and anxious and I over think everything and get paranoid so people can't put up with me. And when i'm... yeah... people think i'm weird and call me names and attack the only space I feel safe in. I have one human friend online who's like me but we only talk when we're both online at the same time on skype which is rare. And maybe your my friend too if you were being serious?"

Yoongi instantly nodded and said "We will be friends as long as you want us to be Jimin and ignore other people but don't isolate yourself. How else are you going to find people who care about you and accept you as you are?" squeezing Jimin's hands a little to emphaise his point.

Jimin chuckled quietly and replied "Magic." before giving a large genuine grin.

Yoongi shook his head with a smile before saying "Well if that's the case i'm magic and I want to help you."

Jimin giggled saying "Magic isn't real hyung." causing Yoongi to shake his head smugly.

Yoongi casually said"Magic has to be real otherwise I wouldn't be here." causing Jimin to cheekily correct "Your unhealthy sleeping pattern is real, which apparently got you to my house."

Yoongi shook his head taking a bite out of his muffin before replying "I'll show you Park Jimin, just you wait."