Part 45: Conflicted

Yoongi has two options: go to bed or go check on Jimin.

It seemed like two very simple choices but both had consequences he didn't want to deal with.

Going to bed meant there was a chance he was leaving Jimin alone, suffering and checking in on him may make him angry.

Everything had been cleaned and put away with all the staff sent home meaning he had to make his mind up quick.

Luckily the party ended before eleven meaning after clean up it was still earlier than midnight which meant there was a chance Jimin was still up but if he was it probably wasn't for a good reason.

Yoongi made his way up the stairs slowly and thought a bit harder.

If Jimin needed him he wanted to be there and if Jimin didn't, he still, wanted to be there.

The answer seemed obvious but he was still in a dilemma.

He was so lost in thought trying to make a decision he didn't even realise he was at Jimin's room knocking on the door until it slowly opened so Jimin could see who it was.

"H-Hyung?" Jimin called out quietly with a hoarse voice which sounded like he'd been crying for hours.

Yoongi froze momentarily, just wanting to hug Jimin, but pulled himself together to ask "Do you want some company?"

He knew Jimin obviously wasn't okay and thought it would be stupid to ask so decided to give the offer to be there so he wasn't alone.

Instead of answering Jimin just opened the door, wide enough for Yoongi to come in but that was it.

He shut the door behind Yoongi and attacked the other with a hug.

Yoongi caught him and himself before he fell and hugged back, running his fingers through Jimin's soft blond hair.

It was intimate and sweet.

He held Jimin like he was the most delicate thing on earth and Jimin hugged Yoongi like he was the one thing he needed to stay alive.

And in some sense, both were true.

Yoongi moved closer to Jimin's ear and whispered "How are you holding up Chim?" Softly not wanting to cause the other to jump.

Jimin took in a shaky breath before quietly replying "N-not too good..."

He was trying his best to hold back his tears but it wasn't working.

All Yoongi could think of that would actually help was to ask "You wanna talk about it?" And surely enough Jimin did.

Jimin nodded and pulled away from the hug, pulling Yoongi over to his bed and sitting down.

He looked down at his hands and started to speak.

"I-I hate my father and thats that. B-but I c-can't hate my mother. No matter what. She was in just as bad of a position as me but grammy said she wasn't willing to leave it so she had to take me away without her. I-I couldn't give too flying fucks about my father but my m-mother. That's a whole other story. And if something bad happens to her tonight because of me provoking him, I don't know what I'll do with myself hyung. B-But I couldn't not do anything. He deserves to be treated with no respect and d-doesn't deserve the hold he had on me for so long anymore and I-I wanted to prove that. I wanted to show myself I could stand up to him and if I could stand up to him I could stand up to everyone. B-B-But..."

Jimin couldn't find the words to say exactly what he was feeling so Yoongi tried for him.

"But your worried about your mother. The woman who was with you through it all and suffered with you but didn't do anything about it. Your torn between being sad or mad about everything so your both. You still love her but you don't know if you can forgive her but you also don't know if you can blame her... she seems like a nice woman."

He got it spot on leaving Jimin even more speechless, only being able to stutter out "S-She is."

Yoongi sighed slightly and intertwined his fingers before deciding to be honest and try and offer comfort as best as he could in whatever form Jimin wanted it.

"I won't lie to you Jiminie. I can't relate to what you've gone through nor can I say I've ever been in a position to feel the same as you are right now. And if I was I could easily say I wouldn't forgive her now but it also easily could be different if I were you right now. I don't know your mother but knowing what she let happen does affect my view on her but I know she's suffered too and just seeing and hearing her in comparison to your father today makes me think she's a good woman but she still didn't take you and run away before it got so bad or after it did. It could've been out of fear or desperation she stayed and I understand but I've seen how badly it's affected you so I have to take that into account on my view of her. So whether you want to sit here and praises her for what she did or want to slate her for what she didn't. I'm here to listen and try to understand more. If you just want to cry or cuddle I'm here. Just know I'm here for you, always Jimin."

Jimin looked up at Yoongi with teary eyes and asked "H-how do you always know exactly what to say to make me f-feel safe hyung?"

Yoongi smiled and chuckled softly before whispering "Magic." And pulling Jimin into his side.

Jimin complied and chuckled lightly too before whispering "If you keep this up I might start to believe you on all this magic nonsense too."