Part 43: Sharing

The party had started an hour ago and luckily for Jimin his parents hadn't turned up.

He had greeted everyone who arrived and thanked them for coming with his grandmother.

Yoongi was talking to the musicians since he didn't know anyone but he did know music, making some new friends.

People just assumed Yoongi was with the musicians since they could only see his back so he was left alone but after a while Yoongi got bored so decided he'd go pester the birthday boy.

He started too look around for Jimin but couldn't see him anywhere in the main room so he decided he'd decide to check the second.

On his way however he was stopped by an elderly woman who he somewhat recognised and a younger lady who he didn't.

"Pardon me but aren't you Min Yoongi? Son of the head of the Min Empire, Min Choi?" The elderly lady asked causing Yoongi to freeze momentarily.

He ran through all the people he could think of who were associated with his family then taking a wild guess as he replied "I am. It's a pleasure to see you again Mrs Kim."

Luckily for him, his guess was correct.

"Oh my. Such a polite young man. You even remembered my family even though our encounter was brief. Your family are doing well in business, you must have many potential bride options lined up." She said with a fake smile.

Yoongi knew that smile too well.

"Actually my family are reasonably understanding when it comes with my relationships so I don't. Nor do I plan on it."

Yoongi decided to say straight forward he didn't want one would be the easiest way to deter the woman.

But it didn't work.

"My granddaughter here is around the same age as you and would make a perfect life companion. It would be a brilliant way to bring our families together and bring in money and both of you would be happy and secure-"

"I appreciate the thought but I'm not interested. Your granddaughter deserves a non political marriage."

Yoongi quickly bowed and left before anything else could be said.

He then noticed Jimin watching from behind a statue so went over.

Yoongi smiled as he greeted "Hiya Jiminie, how's everything going?" Hoping to find out Jimin was actually having fun and not just being offered peoples hands in marriage and listening to a bunch of nonsense.

Jimin just shrugged in response with all of his former built up hype gone.

Yoongi frowned and asked "What's wrong Chim?" Wanting to fix the situation before Jimin's mood dropped to the point of tears.

Jimin quietly replied "Nothing." Looking anywhere but at Yoongi.

Yoongi sighed knowing something was wrong but didn't want to push Jimin so instead decided to do something he knew Jimin loved which would distract him.

Yoongi held his hand out and leaned slightly closer as he asked "Will you dance with me?"

Jimin almost nodded but instead shook his head making Yoongi pout.

Jimin felt like he should give Yoongi some reason as to why so pointed out "People are already looking at us and talking about us behind our backs. You can tell looking around. No need to add fuel to the fire."

Yoongi wanted to say it wasn't true but they both knew too well that it was but Yoongi wanted to cheer Jimin up and keep him distracted.

Mrs Park came over looking slightly concerned and asked "Is everything okay Jimin?"

Jimin nodded so Yoongi said "He isn't. He's letting other people get to him."

Mrs Park frowned and Jimin looked down like he was ashamed of it.

"Jiminie sweetie, ignore what other people are saying and have fun. It's your birthday for crying out loud. They don't matter and the people who do don't care about anything other than your happiness." Mrs Park said to her grandson hoping it would help but when Jimin's mood didn't change she turned her attention to Yoongi.

"Yoongi dear, please do me a favour and go dance with Jiminie."

Yoongi let out a sad sigh and said "I already asked but he said he didn't want to." As he took off his blazer.

Mrs Park smiled at him knowingly and held her hands out to hold it.

Yoongi held his hand out and cheerfully said "Come on chim. Time to say a quote on quote big FU to everyone in the room. For this magic trick I'm going to make Jiminie smile." Making a reference to the time Jimin said magic didn't exist.

Jimin bit his lip reluctantly but then his grandmother placed Jimin's hand in Yoongi's and patted his bum saying "Go on."

Yoongi led Jimin over to the assigned dance area and placed Jimin's hands on his shoulders, placing his own on Jimin's waist.

Yoongi noticed people already giving them funny looks so quickly tried to move any of the reason from Jimin by saying "I'm warning you now Jiminie I have two left feet. So if people start staring it's my fault."

Jimin smiled lightly before quietly saying "I'm sure your not that bad."

Yoongi chuckled before saying "You'll see..."