Chapter 6

Micah

The little trespassing nomad had to be out of his f***ing mind, no lone wolf marked up a packs front door if they wanted to live. The night had come and gone with no luck of finding the disappearing wolf with the blue eyes and chestnut brown fur. We still had the d*** mutts scent all over our front porch though, and it didn't show signs of fading anytime soon. "Did you see the way that little s*** stood there watching us?" Beck growled out, he was even more upset than I was that the little wolf had gotten away. "I'm not the only one who thinks this scent is a tad bit more noticeable in some things, right?" Gavin whined out, I frowned at him in question. 

"Yeah the scent is wolf but its different for some reason, and not just for the nomad stench."  Asher muttered. Now that he mentioned it the scent was a bit odd, but I couldn't place why. "I know it's highly unlikely, maybe even impossible, but do you think that maybe the nomad might be a she wolf?" Gavin whispered out softly. "You know the same as the rest of us that no female could survive as a lone nomad, it's just not possible." Colton shook his head. "Well it's highly unlikely as he said but that doesn't make it impossible, considering she wolves are rare even in pack settings. So what makes you think it might be a female nomad?" Simon directed to Gavin who shifted his weight from side to side nervously.

 "Sidney Blake. She moved in the same time the nomad shows up and she's got the same shade of chestnut hair as that wolf's coat. I also say that the nomad wagged its tail at me deliberately taunting me, it was like a game to her or something. The only thing is Sidney Blake doesn't smell anything like a wolf and I spent all day working with her yesterday." Gavin puzzled out. "Perhaps she knows something of the nomad if she herself is not a wolf?" Bowen murmured. "Well why don't we go f***ing ask her?! If she's a wolf we can run her off, and if not maybe we can get some details about her nomad buddy?" Beck growled out, and I quickly agreed. 

"I don't know if that's such a good idea, you haven't met her yet.... She might react defensively." Gavin stated. "So what. I'll work my rugged charm on her and get her talking, and if that doesn't work we can always force it out of her." I shrugged back at him. "Yeah, good luck with that." He scoffed back. "Very well, let me grab my wallet and we can all go over and speak with her, perhaps we can settle all our problems with a simple chat." Bowen stated and we were all quick to follow his lead as we loaded into two vehicles and headed over to Black Fork.

 The lights were all off inside when we got there in the early morning hours but that didn't stop me from going to knock loudly on the front door, the action was quickly followed by a chorus of loud barks inside. "Okay I'm up geez! Whoever is knocking on my door at 4 am better have a good f***ing reason or they're about to get their a**es handed to them. I swear if someone isn't dead or dying, you're about to be!" The shouting was easy to hear through the walls until a light flickered on inside and suddenly the door flew open to reveal the tiny twister of a girl glaring up at me. 

Gavin wasn't wrong, she was more than attractive and she had curves in all the right places but what really caught my attention was the way her eyes locked on mine in defiant fury. "Whoever the h*** you are, you better have a d*** good reason to be standing on my porch." Her words came out on a tired snarl and peeked my interest even more as suddenly two large fur balls dashed out the door and past the both of us. I only had to hear the yelp and unfamiliar snarls to know they had decided to go for Simon, and then the girl was storming past me too. I took a moment to admire her short black satin shorts and the thin black cotton shirt she wore before I focused in on the commotion.