Chapter 40

Sidney

Another day at the sanctuary passed by quickly after I let Spartan out to play with Ollie and Tyson while I helped clean cages. The three of them would run and play, sometimes dashing off into the trees before my whistle brought them back into view. Spartan was learning fast how our little group dynamic worked and although he tested boundaries with Tyson he was comfortably at ease with me and Ollie. When it was time to head back to the pack house and Gavin opened the back door to his car, Spartan had jumped right in with my other two boys.

 It had nearly killed me to have to drag him out and pen him up in his enclosure again and he had looked so confused as he whined up at me, the poor baby just wanted some love. I rode quietly pouting over the injustice of not being able to bring him as Gavin drove back to their place, Tyson and Ollie nudged me with their noses from the backseat to try cheering me up but I still had my mind on Spartan. Even as I headed upstairs to change into some clean clothes before dinner I was thinking about possible plans to getting him out of doggy jail and making him a permanent part of my little fur family.

 I was drawn out of my plotting by Sassy doing some crazy cat antics in the corner of the room as she pounced on something before batting it around a little. "Sassy cat, what are you getting into now, hmmm?" I hummed to her gently as I bent down to see what she had found and what I saw froze me in place as my blood started to boil in outrage. I picked up the tiny little body by it's fragile wings to confirm it was exactly what I thought it was, I was going to kill them. I praised Sassy with a quick scratch before storming my way into the hall and following my nose to the room where the scent I was seeking was strongest.

 I didn't bother knocking as I barged my way through the door, startling the male inside. "Woah, Sid you scared me, what..." Daniel cut off mid sentence and seemed to shrink back slightly when he saw what I was holding and how I was barely holding my anger in. "Uh, I can explain!" He gulped out nervously. "You've been spying on me!" I snarled angrily as I crumbled the tiny little fly bot between my fingers, ending it's lifetime. "No no, it's not like that! It was just to keep an eye on your room so you could have some privacy instead of having us sitting around with you all the time." He took a step back and lowered his body language, at least his wolf knew a ticked off alpha was not to be argued with.

 "It's not exactly PRIVACY when you're recording me in the sanctuary of my own room!" I snapped and he winced, glancing at the door behind me as a possible escape route. "It's really not like that Sid, honest, I even set it up with a program that blurred you out when you were changing or anything like that. I know we shouldn't have done it without asking but Bowen ordered it and..." He pleaded desperately but my growl cut him off, of course he would have to be following his alpha order, I couldn't blame Daniel for that. "Downstairs now!" I barked an order of my own as I pointed to the door and the boy hurried down the stairs to the living room where the boys were waiting for Fletcher to finish cooking.

 "Sit!" I snapped the order at Daniel letting a little power free due to my temper flaring, he wasn't the only one to obey quickly. A few of the boys straightened their postures and some lowered their heads automatically as I turned my fuming rage to the idiot alpha himself. "Give me a reason not to kill you because right now ripping your throat out sounds like a heavenly idea." I growled lowly, meeting his stern gaze head on. "Easy now, what's going on Sid?" Colton tried to placate me as he stepped between Bowen and I to try preventing a fight.