Chapter 84

Bowen 

My head was pounding and my eyes were heavy as I struggled to open them, but it was a difficult battle. I had no clue where we were but I could smell my pack even if I couldn't see them but even more noticeable was the overpowering scent of rogue shifters in the air. "Alright pups wakey wakey, you've been out long enough as it is!" The command had my wolf fighting back even more and helped me pry my eyes open with a snarl as I sat up to face the one who had spoke. "Good the little leader is awake, he can help keep the others in line." Another voice spoke from the shadows of the dark and damp room. 

"I'm going to kill you all, if any of you hurt Sid we'll all rip you apart." Beck snarled as he paced stiffly. "Hard to do inside a cage pipsqueak." An imposing male stated with a kick to the bars trapping us all in our own tiny cell. "Who are you, and what have you done with Sidney?!" My own snarl came out rougher than intended but I really didn't care for formalities when I was locked up like an animal. "The she wolf was fine and happy at that little sanctuary of yours when we dragged those two out, but she's on her way here now and on her own power even." The same male that kicked the bars stared me down from the other side of them now. 

"She would never do that, she said she'd rather die than let any of you catch her!" Micah snapped out. "Exactly, her own life is of little importance, but your lives she considers far above her own. I heard when she called the boss the first words were inquiries of your safety, she really does care about you worthless pups." The guy was my age or younger and calling us pups, my wolf bristled at his challenge as he kept his gaze locked on mine. "That still doesn't answer my question as to where the h*** are we, and who the f*** you are." I growled angrily as he had the audacity to laugh in my face. 

"Simple Bowen my name is Ian West pleasure to make your acquaintance, I must say the bug you set back at our camp took forever to find, the gum wrapper was an excellent concealer." He stated and I froze, this was the greatest threat Sidney worried over and we were all staring him down. "You found the bug?" Daniel frowned. "My guys are the best of the best at what we do,  of course we found it." Ian scoffed as he circled the cage, I kept eyes on him warily, this was not someone you wanted to turn your back to. "As for the where you are part, well... allow me to welcome you to The Pit, or more specifically the holding cells for Pit fighters." He chuckled way to brightly. 

"Why are we in here, we aren't champion fighters?" Fletcher yelped in panic. "Looks like the poor pup might wet himself in fear boys, no problem that only makes the challengers want to rip them to shreds even more. You see Fletcher is it, champions or not you're all destined for the Pit in an hour, hope you can come to terms with dying by then because you won't last long once the first bell chimes." Ian's statement was met with our silence, the truth of his words hung heavily. "It's gonna be one heck of a show too, everyone's gonna be there, rumors of a pack or even better yet the champion she wolf being thrown into the Pit tonight are bringing everybody in for the bloodbath." Another male spoke from the shadows, a third voice that refused to show themselves.

 "She won't come for us, she's smarter than that." Colton stated firmly as suddenly another presence entered the room and my wolf balked at the fresh power rolling off of the large older male. "She may be smarter than that but I helped turn that little wolf into the moster she is, those of us that know her know her greatest weakness is caring too much about others. Even if she was scared to death, even if she knows her fate here, no matter how smart she is, she will come for you because it's what she does." This males appearance has silenced Ian and his Clan of Shadows, whoever this guys is he's not just another rogue lackey. "Kane sir, should we start prepping them for the fight?" A young male from the shadows steps forward with his head lowered in submission, the Kane guy stared him down.