Chapter 42

Sidney

Tyson and Ollie were stationed loyally at my sides as they warily kept eyes on the unfamiliar female staring across the kitchen island at me. "We haven't properly been introduced, you may call me Cora if you'd like, Mrs. Shaw seems almost too formal." She stated as I handed her a mug of coffee before sitting across from her with my own mug. "It's nice to meet you, my name's Sidney but you may call me Sid if you'd like." I murmured back as I studied her over the rim of my coffee mug. 

"So Bowen asked you here because he had questions about she wolves, any idea why or what those questions might be?" I voiced softly. I still didn't trust these newbies yet and I wanted some more information, even if they were Bowen's parents I wouldn't go too easy on them. "I'm not entirely sure why they didn't pose any questions to you first since you share the she wolf affliction, but I suppose there are just some things better spoken about with a male who has lived with a she wolf, like my husband. After all they don't have much to go off of considering we girls are a dying breed amongst their violent world." She sighed as she took a sip of her drink. 

"I agree that this world is a violent one but we have as much of a claim to it as they do, just because not everyone notices doesn't mean our numbers are weak." I stated cryptically, getting a curious glance from the older female. I had seen many she wolves over the years, many of which hid their identity the best they could, I highly doubted there was even an exact known amount to our numbers. "May I ask what your intentions are with my son and his friends?" She voiced intently as she straightened her posture. I just raised a brow at her actions, trying to rank higher than me in body language, little did she know, I could snap her in half, if I really wanted to.

 "My original intention was to stay as far away from them as possible but considering they kept crossing into my territory I crossed back. Then they got mixed up in my personal problems, and now I have every intention to keep them as safe and protected from the horrors of MY world as I can." I stated firmly back, meeting her gaze head on in silent defiance. "You mean you are living under the same roof to protect them, not for them to protect you?" She seemed surprised by the thought.

 "I am more than capable of taking care of myself and as I'm sure you'll learn eventually, I have a habit of charging into battles with little to no concern for my own safety." I stated clearly, why worry over something when I knew what I was doing. "Are you sure that is really the wisest choice though, after all almost every male you face will be bigger and stronger than you." She wondered aloud. "Do you honestly think Bowen got those wounds from one of the pups in this pack?" I challenged back. "You did that to my boy?" She frowned out into her coffee. 

"Yes, and he was well deserving of it. He challenged my willpower to fight for my freedom, and he lost." I growled lowly as she studied me with a new light in her gaze that left me puzzle, a smile creeping over her lips. "You are an alpha, aren't you, a true alpha female not just married in like me. I've never believed it possible but the way that you move, speak and act it's all there. Don't look surprised sweety I've been married to an alpha male for over 20 years, you pick up on those things after a while." She smiled, so she was more perceptive than the flighty airhead I thought her to be. "Yes, I was born an alpha wolf and the power transferred fully to me when my parents died a long time ago." I nodded slowly.