Chapter 83

Beck

I decided to volunteer myself for sanctuary work after the long movie night left Fletch half dead on his feet, it was a distinct plus getting to spend more time with Sid in any way or form. Still despite our utter exhaustion everyone was up to have breakfast with her before she disappeared for the day. "How in the world are you so happy and awake right now, we seriously only had 2 hours of sleep?" Emmett grunted out as he let his eyes follow her movements. "I've always been good about surviving on little to no sleep, right now I'm not even that tired. It might be different if I'd gone a few days without sleep or coffee but for now I'm fine and looking forward to seeing the coyote pups progress." She shrugged happily as she downed the rest of her coffee. 

"Well I'm going to go get changed meet you two out front in five minutes, Sweetness you're driving since Streaks is having trouble keeping his eyes open!" She called over her shoulder at me as she headed up the stairs two at a time. "You know sometimes I worry for her sanity." Ash frowned out beside me. "Her sanity? I worry for our sanity because of her." Gavin grumped out as he yawned and tried to shake off his own exhaustion. "Well you guys have fun working the sanctuary like the walking dead and little miss jumping joy no sleeps, I'm going back to bed." Jason yawned out as everyone agreed and headed back upstairs. I wanted to join them so bad but it was my duty to have Sid watch today, with Gavin's help of course. 

"Let's wait for her outside, you can rest in the car on the drive over." I puffed out and he nodded before following me out. When Sidney piled into the back with the mutts I was quick to take off, the quicker we got the work done the quicker we could get some rest, Gav was already passed out in the passenger seat. "Thanks for driving Beck, I know how much you love to sleep in, so thanks for helping out today." I could hear the smile in her soft words and it made me glad I'd stayed awake for this, who needed sleep when my presence made her smile. "No problem Sid, I can always sleep later, as long as you don't have any unplanned movie binges set for tonight as well." I chuckled back as I pulled up in front of the main sanctuary building. 

"No promises." She hummed playfully before climbing out of the car. "Streaks get up we've got work to do!" Her shout had Gavin jolting awake beside me and I smirked at his groaning complaint. "I hate both of you." He growled tiredly as we headed to the food prep station. "Oh sure you do, now show Beck what needs to be done and I'm of to..." She spoke quickly before he cut her off. "Yeah yeah, you're off to feed the evil coyote grump his breakfast and spend some time with him, I know." Gav huffed as she grabbed some meat from the fridge and headed out.

 "Aren't you worried about leaving her alone, we are here as bodyguards too, remember?" I raised as I crossed my arms at him. "She's with the mutts that at the very least will make enough noise to alert us if she's in trouble and at most will kill anyone or anything that comes near her. Besides nobody but her can get in the coyote cage, and she's within shouting distance, but if you're so worried go pamper her and see how that goes for ya." He scoffed and I winced, yeah babying Sid was never a good idea.

 "Whatever, so what am I doing?" I huffed out, letting my arms drop back to my sides. "Go get the bucket by the shed, we can use that to dish out everyone's breakfast." He waved me off as he worked on prepping the food, I shrugged and headed outside. I was so focused on trying to catch a glimpse or sound from Sid as I headed towards the shed outside that it was too late to react from the sudden sting in my neck. I couldn't speak or understand what happened because it was all so quick, a little bee sting and then absolute darkness.