Chapter 96

Sidney 

I woke early amongst the soft snores of the boys and my pets, the boys sleeping all over my floor was something I'd grown accustomed to for the past few nights since arriving back from the hospital. I wiggled slowly from the confines of my blankets, careful not to wake the sleeping males as I grabbed some clothes and made my way across the hall to take a well deserved bath. Spartan trotted into the bathroom with me and Tyson took up a spot outside the door, both standing guard while I ran some water, Ollie chose to sleep in still. With both Spartan and Tyson guarding I didn't need to lock the bathroom door, but I did make sure it was closed to give me some privacy.

 I soaked as long as I dared in the hot water before washing quickly, getting dressed in my fresh clothes and heading downstairs to the kitchen, Colton and all the Alvalrado's were already up and about.  "Have a nice bath?" Colton asked as he handed Ollie a piece of bacon at his feet, I wasn't entirely surprised he'd woken up for some treats. "Yup, the others still sleeping?" I quipped back as I dished out Sassy and the dogs breakfast in their own bowls, calling an easy good morning to everyone in the room. "Yes, it appears exhaustion finally caught up with all of them as well." Colton smiled easily my way and I sighed happily as he handed me my own morning coffee. I thanked him easily as I went to sit beside Mads and watch the guys cooking as I smiled to baby Stan in his own little highchair.

 "How are you feeling?" Kasen voiced softly. "Okay, my head still aches every now and then and no new memories regained but I feel fine right now at least." I shrugged honestly. "The memories should return eventually, no need to push yourself to remember, just focus on letting your wounds heal." Denzel encouraged gently, for the tough trainer he was a total softie, being caring and sweet to his family and myself apparently. "Sid, Sid, guess what, guess what!" Lilly squealed as both twin girls bounced up beside me, I smiled lazily at them. "Hmm, I don't know, what?" I hummed to them as I sipped my coffee, nodding my thanks as Colton handed me a plate full of food.

 "We get to go watch Dad train all the stinky boys today today, and then they're going to take us on a run with them!" Lea squealed just as excited, I held back a wince at the high pitch as I shot Mads a glance. "Really? That sounds fun, sorry I can't go running with you though." I sighed sadly, not being allowed to shift sucked. "Why not?" Lilly whined out on a pout. "Sidney can't be training and running until her head gets all better so I'm going to keep her company today while you girls have fun with the boys." Madison smiled and I sent her another glance as I took a bite of toast. I got the impression it was her idea to get me alone but I certainly didn't mind her company, after all there weren't many females I enjoyed the company of. 

"Now why don't you girls go watch some cartoons until everyone's had their breakfast." Mads hummed out, definitely trying to get them out of the kitchen. "Okay mama." Both called ax they rushed out of the room, quickly followed by the drone of the TV in the background. "Should I be worried as to why you seem so keen to get the pups out of the room?" I asked warily to the group that shared a quick glance. "We've got confirmation from the Pit sight, late last night the they logged the identification of some of the victims." Alvalrado spoke first and I tensed uneasily, if we hadn't gotten all the threat... we could never be safe.

 "Relax Sidney, they confirmed the scorched remains of the Five leaders and the clan of shadows, not to mention countless other wanted persons, it appears the Pit was a hot spot for criminal meet-ups." Colton's soothing tone has my shoulders sagging in relief, with them gone and the lab destroyed I was the safest I'd ever been in years, but I still had another worry. "What are they accounting the explosion as? I know the lab wouldn't draw any attention from the press with its seclusion, but a warehouse full of criminal activity definitely deserves investigation after such a large explosion." I worried out and they chuckled.