Chapter 54

Micah

The she wolf was most definitely in a mood this morning, probably feeling cranky after the long night before. It had certainly been a shock when she stripped off her shirt in front of all of us, and I with my pants down and all had a front row view until Bowen stepped in. I was both grateful and annoyed by his interference considering I'd liked where things were going but I also knew going too fast would probably run Sid off more than anything, even if I hated admitting it. To be honest with myself I had been seconds away from trying to steal her away back to my own bed this morning before Bowen had ordered me to get some clothes on. Then she had gave all of us a scolding before turning a cold shoulder to EVERYONE, Gav and Fletch didn't seem to know what to think of her snappy attitude. 

She ditched us as soon as we got to the sand pit and even he Alvarado males seemed sympathetic towards us, but that didn't make them go easy in our training. Instead of beating all of us to a pulp however they had us working to build up our muscles and reflexes, something that was easier on our more mature fighters and rough on the pups of the group. We had been at it for hours when the sound of squealing children stopped everyone of us in our tracks as we turned towards the trees, only to find crazy Sid herself in wolf form with two kids on her back. It sent up an uproar considering Sid had run off alone without telling us, and the Alvarado guys didn't like her running off with their pups period.

 Denzel looked like he wanted to rip her apart but with his pups on her back he held himself back, only to cave at their utter joy. The twins headed inside and I thought Sid was going to follow but instead she looked towards us once before dashing off in the woods with her mutts. She didn't link anything and she didn't slow or look back to us, I was about to follow her when an alpha voice stopped me in my tracks. "Let her be pup. I've seen that look before and trust me it's never wise to pester a she wolf when she wants to be left alone." Alvarado rumbled out. "But the whole point of coming here was to get us closer together not scare her further away!" Ash seemed panicked and uneasy, we all were to a degree.

 "Sometimes the best thing you can do is give them space and let them come back to you on their own, no matter how much it hurts." Wesley sighed out, I wasn't fond of that plan and neither were the others. "She'll be back pups. Remember she's determined to make sure you are protected from the evils on her tail, she'll come back to keep that word, I'm certain of that much." Denzel stated clearly. "But she's been moody all day today, it's like she hates us or something." Fletch looked like he was going to start crying any minute. 

"That's a she wolf for you, they tend to have their moods on occasion it's something you learn to cope with and adapt to in time. Considering she's exhausted from lack of sleep and probably not feeling the greatest after linking up with our sick pup for so long, it's not surprising she feels a little cranky." Kasen chuckled back. "Wait you mean this is a regular thing?" Simon frowned out. "Each female is different but yes, their hormones go haywire at times and accompanying other symptoms they can get a bit snappy. They tend to calm down after a while it all depends on the female and what mood she's in on how long that while is though. Her mood could last minutes or days depending on how she's feeling and what caused the issue in the first place." Kairo answered. 

"Sometimes it's better to leave them alone to figure it out since they know how to deal with their moods better, and other times if your extremely understanding and helpful it helps them snap out of it quicker." Wesley added. "Don't worry she was just going on a hunt, she'll be back in time for dinner, now let's eat some lunch before you get started on another round." Madison stated as she strolled onto he porch with everyone before leading the way back in. We weren't exactly thrilled knowing Sid was out hunting on unfamiliar territory but reluctantly we all followed the others inside. If she didn't come back on time though we were sending out a search party, whether she liked it or not.