Chapter 47

Jason

When I woke up to find Sidney gone from her spot in between us there was sudden panic that washed over me on where she had gone, and how she had slipped out without Ash or I noticing. It had been difficult laying beside her and trying not to touch her, it only got worse when she started curling up against us in her sleep. The urge to touch her and even grind against her had made it nearly impossible to sleep but somehow we'd both drifted off. If we had done something inappropriate to her in her sleep that made her run off not only would we face her wrath but Bowen would kill us. 

"Ash, she's gone!" I barked out, he jolted awake instantly as did Emmett and Daniel at tge commotion. "The mutts are gone too." Daniel grunted as we scrambled out of bed and out into the hall. A quick check to the empty bathroom had us all rushing downstairs to the full kitchen. "Whoa, where's the fire?" Micah huffed out as he dodged us nearly knocking him over in our rush. "Sidney's gone!" Ash was even worried. "What?!" The word was spat out by everyone in the room, only for Colton to come strolling in with two empty coffee mugs. "What's all the shouting about?" He quizzed curiously. "Sidney is missing!" Fletcher yelped out.

 "No she just gets up really early unlike all the rest of you, we had some breakfast and drank our coffee out on the porch together. She's out there right now playing with her mutts if you don't believe me." He barely finished speaking before everyone was rushing outside onto the porch, and instantly I breathed a sigh of relief with the others. There the crazy she wolf was, wrestling around with Spartan in her wolf form as he nipped gently back at her. Tyson came and pounced on her playfully from behind, causing her to flip him over onto his back in a playful counter attack. They seemed to be playing something together that her mutts seemed to understand but Spartan was trying to learn, either way their movements were a beautiful dance that captivated it's audience. "Sidney what in the world are you doing?!" Bowen barked out, he seemed more tense in his tone at her than usual.

 "Playing, sort of. I'm trying to teach Spartan here a few things that might save his life someday if he's stuck running with me. The play fighting helps him learn how to defend against my mock attacks that might turn real if he were to fight against another opponent. So in other words I'm training him to fight and speaking of training you had better get a move on or you'll be late." Her link was directed to all of us but she let her gaze fall on the four of us still in nothing but our boxers. "C*** guess we're not eating breakfast this morning." Daniel huffed before heading inside to get some clothes with us following right behind him. Sidney linked out that she was taking the mutts for a run first and would meet us over at the sandpit a little later, guess that means we have to face the scary wolves on our own then.

                                            Colton

I still couldn't help being pleased with the quiet little moments early in the morning that the little she wolf chose to share with me. I couldn't seem to keep her off my thoughts for long but coming face to face with Alvarado's beta as our instructor had my mind occupied on things other than peace and quiet with the pretty girl. "Well look who decided to show up, where's your little girlfriend?" Beta Denzel growled as a greeting. "She'll be by later she was taking her pets for a run first." I answer lowly, eyeing him warily. "Great, that means I can do whatever I want to you sorry sacks of c*** before she gets here." His smile had chills running through me.

 "Well pups let's see what you can do." I had a feeling I wasn't going to like today's training agenda. One by one he called us each forward in a head to head battle, a spar with him to test our abilities. Some of us were strong enough to keep him at bay for a short time but none of us were strong or fast enough to hold our own against him for longer than 5 minutes. Poor Fletcher had been knocked out after 30 seconds, 15 minutes later he was still a little woozy but awake at least. "You honestly expect to help that she wolf of yours when you can't even help yourselves, you are all pathetic!" His shouted snarl poured salt on the open wounds as the rest of the Alvarado males agreed with him.