Chapter 17

Sidney

I didn't go far from my front yard before shifting and slipping into the bathrobe I had stashed in the bushes as I headed back to the 6 wolves waiting and the males still inside my house. "Alright I know you can hear me in there so here's what we're doing now, I want Asher, Micah and Colton to come outside and the rest of you to wait a little longer." I called towards the house and sure enough the three males I'd called stepped outside uncertainly as they lined up where the others had before them. "Why just the three of us?" Colton frowned at me from his spot in line and I accepted his curiosity with a shrug. 

"Micah and Asher haven't showed any aggression towards me and they seem to be more quiet and flirtatious than loud and threatening." I replied lightly to the beta male. " Well I know I haven't flirted with you so what's the reason I was called?" Colton puzzled out. "Because you are more logical, calm and stable then the others from what I have seen. I figure out of the top dogs in your pack, you're the one that is most likely to hear me out and tolerate me in both forms even if things get a bit rough." I answered honestly, internally pleased when a look of genuine surprise crossed his features.

 "Oh..." he murmured as his brows creased together slightly. "Well let's get on with this shall we?" I hummed out as I undid the tie to my robe, the shift had the fabric rolling off my fur as I shook out for the second time tonight. I let the three males inspect my wolf in their human forms, and once they seemed less tense at my scent and wolf I knew it was time to meet their beasts too.

                                        Asher

Stunning. The single word described the dazzling she wolf and yet seemed not enough for how oddly amazing she was. Even though I knew she was a wolf now, her challenge of keeping her gaze firmly on my own didn't bother me as much as I thought it would, it was just part of who I knew her to be. I felt her link to me as I stepped forward and shifted at her level, giving her friendly respect as our wolf forms met muzzle to muzzle. "Well she wolf, do I pass your inspection?" I linked her curiously after she had circled my wolf a few times. "Hmm... Well you are an average male from what I see but again it's very surprising how well behaved all of you are." Her link came through and I could sense her uncertainty in it.

 I was surprised how easily my wolf was on edge at the feelings from her link, how easily he wanted to make sure she was okay and safe. "Is that a bad thing?" My link was tense as she curled her tail under her and sat down on it, she kept her focus on me intently. "I haven't figured that out yet, but I would say it's not horrible at the least." Her wolf features lightened as her teasing link passed to me, putting my wolf's protective instincts at ease. I let myself get used to associating the once annoying scent of her wolf that had been marked on our front porch to the now pleasant scent of her presence. Once my wolf introduction turn was over I stepped over to wait with the others as I laid down on the dirt to enjoy the rest of the show.

                                           Micah

I found myself grinning when Sidney turned her focus on me, it was my turn to make an impression and I was more than eager to oblige. I waited until she nodded me forward before I slowly stripped off my shirt and flexed my muscles at her as she sat on the dirt and watched me with the tilt of her head. I wanted to put on a good show for her so with a wink her way I undid the buckle on my belt and slowly worked off my jeans until I was standing in nothing but my boxers. "Stop messing around and shift already." Asher growled his link at me from his spot in the dirt.