two

so much love on that first chapter, it's insane. this is the last chapter i have typed up at the moment so i thought i'd give you this one too! next update will hopefully be monday 😊

++|++

Brian wasn't lying when he said that the flat wasn't that much bigger than their previous one.

The first thing she notices is just how cluttered it is; there are boxes pushed to one side, a drum kit in the corner and Brian's guitar, the Red Special, is on it's stand beside it. Dirty dishes are piled up in the sink, something the Brian quickly ushers her by.

"Sorry about the mess," Roger says, though he doesn't sound at all sincere, "We're still in the process of unpacking."

"You mean you're still in the process of unpacking," Brian corrected.

"Oh, that's right."

Shaking his head, Brian shrugs off his jacket and points to the kitchen, "Do you want some tea?"

"No thanks," Roxanne plonks herself down on the couch, where she's guessing that's where she'll be sleeping.

"I've cleared a little bit of space in my wardrobe for your things," Roger says as he walks behind the couch, stepping over boxes and all the other shit on the floor as he makes his way to the door that's furthest away, "My room."

"Noted,"

"Bathroom is over there," he points, "And then Bri's room. Word of advice, don't go in there. He goes mental."

"I don't go-" Brian sighs from the kitchen doorway, "I just like my privacy, is all. Is that a crime, Roger?"

Her cousin opens his mouth to say something, probably some smart arse reply but before he can, Roxanne shakes her head.

"No, of course it's not, Brian."

"Right," Roger claps his hands together, "Well, I'll let you put your shit away in peace. Brian's in charge of dinner tonight so I hope you like your veggies."

Brian returns into the kitchen, muttering under his breath and really, Roxanne feels a little bit sorry for him. Living with Roger, cannot be easy but to avoid adding more fuel to the fire and causing an argument, she grabs hold of her bag and heads towards Roger's bedroom.

++|++

As the three of them eat dinner, a vegetable stir-fry which is actually pretty tasty, Roxanne fills Roger in on what she's been doing which has mostly been working in a cute little bakery and tourist shop that sells little Scottish nick-knacks as she prepares to start university herself.

But looking at her, Roger knows that uni? That isn't for her, that isn't at all what she wants to do. Books? Exams? That isn't her. She wants to do something she enjoys.

Like baking. Now that, if she could somehow make a life for herself doing that, she'd be set. She's a cracking baker. Every year that she comes down, it's always close to Rog's birthday and every year, she makes him a cake. Any flavour that he wants and last year's one truly went down a treat.

Roxy realises that she's spaced out and embarrassingly clears her throat, asking him about the shop that he's got in Kensington.

"It's not doing so well," he admits, "No one's buying anything, Nessie."

"Oh, well I'm sure things will pick up," she pats his shoulder, "I'd love to see it though. I think it's pretty cool that you have a shop, Rog."

"We're working tomorrow. I'll take you then."