seventy

It was here, the twelve-week mark had finally arrived and while Roxanne was relieved and excited that she and John could tell people now, she was also filled with the fear because now, now was the time that they had to tell their parents. 

They were going to go up to Scotland and Leicester to tell them but then Rebecca had suggested that they bring Roxy's parents and John's mum down to Wales instead which in all honesty, was a better idea. They could show their parents around the studio to let them see what the band were working on and when the time came, if things went south (which they probably would), at least their friends and such were there too. 

But John wanted to make sure that's how she wanted to do it. He'd asked her if she was the night before as they were sitting down to have dinner. 

"I think it's the best way," she murmurs, pouring herself some water, "I mean it gets it over and done with quickly and if your mum is there, there's less chance of my dad attacking you." 

Okay, maybe she was being dramatic but his face had paled dramatically once she'd said that. 

The next morning, he was woken by Roxanne clambering over him (and standing on him) as she made her way to the bathroom and he heard Roger yelling at her to get out when it's clear that she's interrupted his shower. 

"That doesn't bode well for today," he murmurs as he too rolls out of bed so he can go check that she's alright.

The pair of them were now sleeping in one of the upstairs bedrooms thanks to Brian, who had offered to swap rooms with them so Roxanne had a better chance of sleeping and honestly, she wonders what they did to deserve him sometimes. 

"Rox," he taps lightly on the door, "You alright?"

"Don't you dare come in here, Deaky!" Roger yells. 

"Relax," he mutters, "I won't. Rox?" 

"I'm fine," she croaks before he hears her being sick again and he steps back when he feels a hand on his back. 

"I'll see to her," Rebecca says softly and Deaky thanks her as she disappears into the bathroom as well. 

"Bloody hell," Roger mumbles, "Can't a man have a shower in peace? Becca, love, could you hand me that towel, please?" 

A few minutes later, Roger steps out of the bathroom with said towel around his waist and John wastes no time in moving by him. 

"I'll get you some water," Rebecca says quietly before he takes her place, rubbing Roxanne's back as she rests against the toilet. 

"A rough one, huh?" he asks and she nods.

"Yep," she practically throws herself back over the toilet as she's plagued by another round and John quickly gathers her thick hair into his hands so it's out of harm's way, "I swear that this kid is trying to kill me." 

He rips some toilet paper and gently wipes her mouth as Rebecca returns, "'m sure that's not true."

"All I'm trying to do is give them a warm and snug place to live and this is how they repay me. We'll be having words when they make an appearance." 

After getting some water down her, John helps her up so she can brush her teeth, leaning against the counter as she rinses with mouthwash, "Today's the day." 

"It is," she nods, wiping her mouth with a towel. 

"What's the plan?" 

They leave the bathroom and go downstairs, "Not really thought that far, have we? I guess...pick them up, introduce them, come back here, let them see what you lot have been doing, have some lunch and then..."