ninety nine

new update day is gonna be Fridays!

do you guys remember waaaaaaay back when the boys went up to Pittenweem and i put them in kilts? well, brianshedgehog went and made this and I LOVE IT! Roger's is my favourite followed by Brian who's at a close second. 

On the 4th of April 1978, at 3:15 pm, Theodore Deacon came into the world and unlike his brother, he took almost sixteen hours to make an appearance

John had thankfully been at home this time when her water had broke and whole he tried to get a hold of someone to come and watch Arthur (at eleven-thirty at night), Roxanne sat on the couch and watched a rerun of Fawlty Towers.

A little after midnight, Roger stumbled through the front door and John was rather surprised to see Rebecca, who is six months pregnant, follow behind him.

Apparently she wanted to come with him and with their arrival, John hurried around the house; grabbing Roxy's go-bag, car keys - anything that he thought they might need.

And then, John helped her up off of the couch and they were off, leaving Arthur in the Taylor's capable hands.

The labour itself, this time, it was brutal. At first, there was a lot of waiting around until she was fully dilated but the pushing part...holy shit. She felt as if it was neverending. She didn't recall it being that intense with Arthur.

But all of that pain was worth it when the midwife lowered their new son into her arms.

Theodore Deacon, Theo for short.  It was a name that they'd had picked out for a few weeks; Theodore for a boy and Isla for a girl.

They were in the room alone now. The doctors and everyone else had done their jobs in making sure that everything was alright with them both and so now, John and Roxanne were just taking a little bit before he'd go and ring everyone and let them know.

"You did it again," John whispers, smoothing some hair from her forehead, "You did amazing, my love. 'm so proud of you."

"Hm," she grins lazily up at him, "Keep the praises coming. I like 'em."

He kisses her softly and looks down at the newborn again. It was clear what while Arthur was the spitting image of him, Theodore (or Theo) was...a perfect blend of the two of them. He had Roxy's lips and there were soft tufts of blonde hair on his head but his nose...yeah, it was John's nose.

"Will you be alright while I go ring everyone?"

"Of course," she nods, "Will you ask them to bring Arthur down?"

"You sure?"

She nods, "Yeah...I can't explain it, I just miss him."

"Alright," he kisses her again and looks at their little one again, "I'll be back in a bit."