'39

definitely one of my favourite photos of Deaky

++|++

At ten o'clock the next morning, Roxanne and John make their way into Hollywood Diner so she could start her shift and John could join the rest of the band, who were sat at their regular table, for a meeting.

Roxanne thought it was rather strange that they kept having meetings here rather than at one of their flats but hey, each to their own.

"I thought we agreed on half nine?" Roger asks as the bassist sits down opposite him.

"Like you've never been late,"

The blonde holds up his hands, "Alright, I deserved that." He looks at Freddie, "So what did you sound so excited about on the phone."

"This." he grins, bringing out a bag from under the table.

"What is it?" Brian asks as they all, including Roxy who was supposed to be pouring coffee at the table behind them, try and get a better look.

"John Reid dropped it off at our flat last night," Freddie explained, "It's the album cover."

Roxanne almost chokes on a gasp, "Hang on. Don't look at it yet. I wanna, I'll be back. Who needs coffee?"

John shakes his head at her antics, making eye contact with Roger when he turns around again, "What?"

"What is that?" the blonde asks, reaching over to tug the collar of his shirt down though upon realising what it is, he recoils rather quickly, "Never mind."

"Ooh," Freddie also tugs his collar down, "Someones had a good night."

"Alright," John grumbles, swatting his hand away, "Piss off."

"I hope you're being careful," the blonde says sternly, ignoring the looks the other three are giving him, "I don't want to be uncle Roger any time soon."

John's face flamed. Last night, in the shower, he'd realised that no, they hadn't used protection but Roxanne assured him that she was taking precautions but still, if this was going to be a regular thing, which it probably was, he'd need to buy some condoms.

They were still young. They couldn't risk anything.

"Alright, I'm back," Roxy grins, pulling up a chair and she ignores Brian's disapproving looks, "Let's see it!"

"Lady and gentlemen," Freddie begins dramatically, "May I present to you, Queen."

With that, he slides the cover out onto the table and Roxanne leans forward eagerly to get a better look at it and the first thing that catches her eye is the figure, quite obviously Freddie, in the bottom corner, illuminated in a strong pink spotlight and above him, is the band's name.

"Turned out pretty good I reckon," Roger smiles, spinning it around so he's looking at it the right way.

"It looks amazing," Roxy agrees before she's throwing her arms around her cousin, "Gah, this is just so exciting!"

"Alright, Nessie," he pats her back, "You're kind of hurting me."

"Sorry," she grins but unable to help herself, she hugs John this time, pressing a loud kiss to his cheek, "My boyfriend and my cousin in a rock band. It's mad!"

Before she can hug either Freddie or Brian, the bell above the door goes, signalling the arrival of a new customer and she groans.

"How dare they come into a twenty-four-hour diner, right?" Brian shakes his head.