ninety three

The tour had wrapped up in London on June 7th and everyone involved was looking forward to the break they'd be getting but first, there was one meeting that all four members had to attend before they could let themselves relax.

"Alright buddy," John whispers, hauling Arthur into his arms, "Let's go, yeah? Don't want Uncle Freddie snapping at us because we're late."

"Yah!" Arthur exclaims and John shushes him, glancing towards the back of the couch, where on the other side of it, Roxanne is nursing an absolute horror of a headache.

"Rox?" John says softly, tentatively stepping over to it, "That's us going."

He doesn't want to leave her like this, she's had the headache for a couple of days and knowing that she'd never get peace with Arthur's shouting (his favourite thing to do just now), John decided that the best thing to do was to take him with him.

Roxy pushes herself up, "Alright, have a good day."

"I hope you feel better," he whispers, kissing her softly, "Say goodbye to mummy."

"Bye-bye," Arthur murmurs, giving her his own sloppy kiss on the cheek and she smiles.

"Bye baby, I'll see you later."

"Paracetamol is on the counter," John tells her before they take their leave.

She waits until she hears the door close softly before falling back down onto the couch - regretting it immediately as her head throbs, "Fuck."

She thinks it's the jetlag but considering that they'd been home for a couple of weeks, she thought she'd been over it but clearly, she was wrong and the headache was probably from being up with Arthur. He was teething and while he'd had no trouble up until now, this newest tooth was giving him some discomfort and her poor little nugget seemed to be in pain all the time.

She would like nothing more than to lay here for the duration of the day but she had things to be doing and so she gets up, gripping the arm of the couch when she moves too quick. She had to nip into the small town for some things for Arthur, deciding she'd do that first so it got leaving the house out of the way and so she heads upstairs to get changed.

She pops to the loo before she goes, suddenly realising that in the short time she's been awake, she's been peeing more than normal.

"I swear to god if I have an infection," she mutters, washing her hands before leaving the bathroom. She'll talk to the pharmacist at the chemist if he's there.

The walk into town isn't long but the cool summer breeze feels almost welcome to her face. Maybe the fresh air would help too. She loves this area and she's oh so glad the John had found the house when he did. It's always quiet, they're never disturbed by people with cameras like those in the city and everyone who lives here, they were so welcoming and friendly.

Both she and John are now regulars in the town store. It has everything; fresh food, grocery items, toiletries and right up the back, is the chemist/pharmacy, where there's no one stood behind the counter and so while she waits, Roxy takes a look at their section for headache relief which is in the back corner.

There's a poster explaining what each drug does, right next to one about pregnancy symptoms but she ignores that. At least she tries to. She tries to focus on finding the right medicine for her headache but she finds that she can't help but let her eyes wander over it.

She couldn't be...could she?

Not knowing why, she takes a look around to see if anyone else is around before stepping to the left so she can read the poster properly.