nine

triangle deaky is one of my faves

++|++

On the 26th of July, Roger was rudely awoken by his cousin kicking his bedroom door open, singing happy birthday to him loudly and jokingly off-key.

"Roxanne...Roxy...Roxy!" he yells, shoving a pillow over his head to try and block her out, "Roxy, please!"

"Happy birthday to yooooou!" Roxy throws her hands up in the air as she falls down onto the bed beside him, pulling the pillow from him as she grins at him, "Happy birthday big cousin."

"Thank you," he mumbles, turning onto his side so his back is to her, "Now get out."

"Charming," she huffs, "But fine. Brian's making breakfast...or brunch, rather."

"Is he making bacon?"

"What do you think, Roger? Do you think the vegetarian is making bacon for you?"

"It's my birthday, Nessie. You'd think he would."

Rolling her eyes, she rolls off of the bed and does indeed leave as he asked her to do but she makes sure to slam the door behind her.

"Nessie!"

For his birthday, they had decided to throw him a party but since their flat was both too small and too cluttered, Freddie had offered to have it at his and so Roxanne had a couple of things to pick up at the supermarket before she would head on over, where she would bake the cake and put up some cheesy decorations.

Roger was going to hate it.

"I'm taking the van," Roxy tells Brian as she passes, grabbing the keys from the worktop as she walks by him.

"Hang on," he stops her, "You haven't had any breakfast yet."

"I'm alright," she waves a hand, "I'll get something while I'm out."

"Come on, love. At least have a bit of toast."

Rolling her eyes at his worry, she reaches over and snags a bit from his plate, "There, happy?"

He nods and she laughs.

"Alright, I'll be back as soon as I can."

++|++

Freddie's flat is a lot bigger than Roger and Brian's - Roxanne wonders how he can afford it but knows not to ask. That's really none of her business.

Her favourite part of the whole place, however, is the fact that there is a fire escape that comes off of the living room window. She's seen them on all the flats in Glasgow and Edinburgh and she's always said to herself that if she was to -finally- move out of the B&B, she'd want a place like that.

She would just sit on it; watching and listening to the city go by all day.

Freddie was absolutely thrilled with what she had managed to get rid of in the shop for them - he insisted that she come work with them every time she came down.

"Oh and tomorrow, darling, we can go round all the charity shops and you can help Rog and I pick out some new stock!"

Roxanne happily nods along with him as she splits the chocolate cake batter into two tins, even though she knows that most of them will be too hungover to do anything tomorrow. Besides, she'd be packing up all the stuff she's bought over the past few weeks back up, "Sure. If I can stay in your flat the next time I come down."

"This isn't my flat. Not really anymore - it's more storage space now that I practically live with Mary."

She nods, popping the cakes into the oven, "Is she coming tonight?"