ninety five

hi, here i am asking for help with another cover...it's for my Brian story and if you can help me, pls message me. i would very much appreciate it :)

++|++

"Roxanne, darling, may I ask you something?"

Looking up from the food list she's making, the blonde nods, "You can ask me anything you want, Freddie." 

"That's what I like to hear," he grins, "Now, this little shindig that the lovely Becca has us planning," 

She raises an eyebrow, "Yes?" 

"How many drinks will I have to get you to have you sing with me?" 

Regrettably, it's been a long time since she and Freddie had hung out with just the two of them. Roxanne has obviously been rather busy since Arthur's arrival and Freddie was too; off doing his own thing, meeting people and the likes. 

In response to his question, she laughs, "I won't be drinking Freddie, sorry." 

"What? Why ever not?" 

"I told John that I'd drive us there and back," she shrugs, looking back at her list. 

The -secret- wedding was in two days and they still had to agree on what kind of foods to serve. Freddie wanted some fancy meals but Roxanne thought that it'd be better with just finger foods - nobody really wants a full three-course meal at a party. Besides, she doesn't even think that a catering company would be able to get all that together in time.

"How about this," she begins, desperately wanting to move onto having a look at the guest list, "Why don't we have fancy finger food?" 

He thinks it over for a few minutes, "Alright, yes, I'll allow it." 

Thank god she thinks, "Now, what about the guest list? Has Becca spoken to you about that?" 

"She did," he nods, spreading out a piece of paper out to the table, "Said that she wanted to keep it small and to mostly family. She gave me a list of numbers to try and invite people and so far, I've got thirty out of the forty." 

Roxanne will admit, she's impressed. Impressed that he's managed to stick with what Becca had wanted. She watches him as he scribbles ideas down on the list for food...he couldn't know, could he? 

"Now," he clasps his hands together on top of the table, "About you driving here. I simply won't allow it, darling! How are you possibly going to have any fun?" 

"I'm sorry," she pats his shoulder, "You'll have to find someone else to sing with." 

"Hm, we'll see about that, Nessie, we'll see." 

Giggling, she gets up to get herself a glass of water. She'd missed hanging out with him. 

++|++

Two days later, just an hour before they were supposed to be leaving for the registry office, Roxanne was having a strop because the dress she had bought for the occasion, for some reason, now looked horrific on her which she didn't really understand because when she tried it on yesterday, it looked good. 

John's leaning against the door frame, Arthur playing on the floor by the bed, watching amusedly as his wife huffs, staring up at the ceiling with her arms crossed across her chest, "Rox, we gotta get ready to go." 

"No," she says, stubbornly, "I'm not going." 

He looks down at Arthur, who's already looking at him, "Mummy's being silly, isn't she?"