thirty three

When John wakes up the next morning, he swears that there's no place he'd rather be. 

Roxanne is practically on top of him, wearing a shirt of his that she'd pulled on after their...lovemaking. 

Admittedly, it was a little awkward at first; they were both nervous but Roxanne soon relaxed which made him relax and once they'd gotten over the initial shyness that obviously came with being intimate for the first time...John really couldn't describe it. It was perfect. 

She was perfect. 

The sounds he had managed to elicit from her formed the most beautiful symphony that he's ever heard and he swears it was written for him. 

John feels Roxanne start to stir against his shoulder, looking down in time for her to see her eyes flutter open. 

"Morning," he whispers, getting a sleepy smile in return. 

"Morning," she stretches her arms out, "What time is it?" 

He turns his head to look at the clock on his desk, "A little after eight. Can you stay a little bit?"

He knows that she has to set up for Freddie's party later on tonight, the one that they're having after they've all gone round to Freddie's parents house but he doesn't want her to leave just yet. 

To his relief, she nods and moves closer to his body, pressing a soft kiss to the underside of his jaw. 

It's all so soft; the way she trails a hand up his chest, the way he's playing with her hair, everything. 

"Last night," she begins, biting her lip as she runs a hand over a love bite she's left on his neck and he moves his head so he can kiss her skin, making her smile, the words dying on her tongue as he does so. 

He was just so wonderful last night; his gentle touches, passionate kisses, making sure that she was alright, everything. 

John's hands still in her hair as a smile makes its way onto his lips, "Last night...?"

She hides her face in his chest as it heats up, "I just...thank you."

"For what?"

"Being as gentle as you were," she whispers, kissing him softly, "Taking care of me."

"Hm," he hums, gently moving them so he's hovering over her, "I'll always take care of you." 

She giggles as the ends of his hair tickle her face before he leans down to kiss her. 

"Do you want some breakfast?" he asks when he finally manages to drag himself away from her lips and she nods, "Then I'll go down and get our stuff."

She follows his lead when he gets up from the bed, nervously pulling on the pair of PJ trousers he had given her last night, "Are your flatmates back?"

He nods. He'd heard them return last night and was extremely pleased that he'd remembered to lock his room's door, "Yeah but it'll be a miracle if any of them rise before midday. Come on," he holds out his hand, "I make a mean omelette."

"Breakfast?" Roxy grins, slipping her hand into his, "Well, how can I possibly say no to that?" 

++|++

Finally, after breakfast and after another few kisses had been stolen, Roxanne finally drags herself from John's bed (where they'd retreated when his flatmates had started to stir) and made her way home so she could get a shower and put up some of the decorations. 

Closing the door to the flat behind her, she throws her keys down on the small table by the door before she makes for her bedroom. 

"Well, well, well,"