seventy seven

When the two of them return inside, Rebecca looks to be close to tearing her hair out.

"I sent you to fetch her, Roger," she murmurs as she starts straightening out Roxanne's dress before moving to sort his collar.

"Sorry," Roxy whispers, "It's my fault."

The brunette stands straight again. "Are you alright?" she asks, "Have you been crying? Do you not want to do this? Oh god, I've pressured you, haven't I?"

"Becca, love, relax," Roger whispers.

"No, I do want to do this," Roxanne says, "I want nothing more than to marry that man in there."

Letting out a ridiculously childish squeal, Rebecca nods, "I'll tell them you're ready then, shall I? Rog? You coming?"

"I'm going to walk her down," he shrugs and his girlfriend nods.

"God," she throws her arms around the two Taylor's, "You two are so cute. I love you both."

With that, she slips by the curtain that is separating them and Roxy looks up at her cousin to see him grinning at the spot that Rebecca was just stood in.

"What?"

"Nothing," he murmurs, clearing his throat as he holds his arm out for her's, "Shall we?"

John looks up as Rebecca comes by the curtain; he's stood at the front, the registrar who will be conducting the ceremony stood to his right and the brunette makes her way to him, placing her hand on his arm.

"Is this it?" he asks, "She's ready?"

"She's ready," she nods, fixing his bow tie, "How about you?"

Is he ready? What kind of question is that? Of course he's ready - in just a few short moments, he'll be able to see the woman he loves making her way down the aisle to marry him. He'll get to call her his wife.

"I'm ready," he nods, feeling Brian pat his shoulder as he and Kayla go to find their spots to stand in.

There weren't really specific places for anyone to be so they were all just kind of huddling around the anvil in the middle of the room.

As the door opens, they all turn and John can't help but grin when he sees her.

She looked beautiful.

She looks somewhat nervous as Roger leads her down the small space between them but she just gives him a smile when she settles into the spot beside him.

Kissing her cheek, Roger gives John a pat on the back as he moves to stand with the others behind them.

"Roxanne, John," the registrar says quietly, "Please step forward."

Roxanne's a little wary when she sees that he's holding a hammer but when John puts a reassuring hand on her back, she steps forward.

"You look amazing," John whispers, making her look up at him.

"It's not much," she shrugs, pulling at the sleeve of her dress.

His forehead presses against hers, "You look beautiful."

Roxanne has to fight the urge to stand on her tiptoes and kiss him but luckily, the man steps forward, clearing his throat.

I would like to welcome everyone here today to witness the joining together in marriage of John and Roxanne. I am Martin and I am a Civil Celebrant appointed by the Registrar General for Scotland as a person authorised to solemnise civil marriages. Before I proceed with this civil marriage ceremony it is necessary that you should both identify yourselves by answering the following questions; groom - are you John Richard Deacon?"