sixty

so STL is just 3k away from 600k and this story is so close to 50k...that is amazing guys and i know i say this a lot but thank you so much, i'm so happy that you guys like these stories so much 💕💕

++|++

Dallas was the last stop on the tour that Roxy would be with them for. Yes, the time had come for her to go home and though she didn't want to go (she really, really didn't want to), she knew that she had to.

But at least she'd get to see one last show before she did. They were at the venue, where the band were setting up and where they'd be doing a quick soundcheck while Roxy is sat in the lighting booth with Rebecca, toying with some of the dials that control the stage lights. 

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow," she frowns, "How has this gone so fast?" 

"I know," Roxy agrees, "It's gone by far too quickly." 

"What am I supposed to do when they all annoy me and I'm tearing my hair out?"

Laughing, Roxy presses a button that sends all but Freddie, plunging into darkness but she quickly turns it all back on again when she feels Brian's disapproving stare, "Mary's coming out for the Japan part so you'll only really have worry about that for a few days but remember, I'm just a phone call away." 

All Rebecca does is smile back at her, the two of them looking at the stage when the sound of the microphone hitting the floor echoes around the empty venue, looking in time to see Freddie jump down from the stage and head towards one of the exits, ignoring his bandmates as they plead for him to come back. 

The pair share a look before leaving the small booth that they're in, slowly making their way down towards where the others are stood. 

"What was all that about?" Rebecca asks, raising an eyebrow and Roger shakes his head. 

"Someone," he says with a glare at John, "Pissed him off." 

"All I asked, was if he could help us. He's been arsing around with Prenter all afternoon." 

"Yeah, well now he's gone," Brian shakes his head, "How do we do a soundcheck without our singer?"

"Oh relax," Roxanne murmurs, "He'll be back in a bit. Besides, Rog hasn't even finished setting up yet." 

"It takes time, Roxanne," Roger snaps, "You want to do it? Please, be my guest." 

"Don't be a dick, mate," John says quickly, "It's not her fault he's gone in a huff." 

"No, we all know who's to blame there." 

"Roger, calm down," Rebecca says softly as he goes back to assembling his kit, moving from beside Roxy so she can sit on his drum stool and the other three can hear them start another quiet conversation.

Roxy is rather impressed by how quick Rebecca can calm Roger down. She was starting to think that the brunette has superpowers because that, that is hard to do. 

It takes Roger half an hour to finish and by that time, Roxy and John are sat on the edge of the stage eating some sandwiches that the catering team had provided while Rebecca is learning the basics of the guitar with Brian. 

But there was still no sign of Freddie. 

"Perhaps you've done it this time, mate," Roger says as he sits down on John's other side, "Maybe he's fucked off. For good this time." 

John looks at his girlfriend with wide eyes. What if he had? What if he'd sent Freddie over the edge, to his breaking point? All he did was ask him to help!