one hundred and sixteen (or epilogue)

Pulling into an empty parking spot, Roxanne stares up at the huge replica of the old Wembley stadium that they'd built for filming. 

It was impressive, she won't deny that but she was a little apprehensive about stepping foot inside, where Roger and Brian most likely were. 

When Freddie had died, John had decided that he would be stepping back from the band - he just couldn't go on performing without him. 

Roxanne stood by him, of course she did. She knew how hard it was for him, for all of them but in doing so, it meant that she didn't see Roger as often. They'd still see him on Christmas and birthdays but Roxy couldn't remember the last time she saw Brian...

If she was honest, Roxanne wasn't even going to come today but John, he insisted, saying that it was his fault that she wasn't seeing her cousin as much as she used to.

Roxanne hated when he blamed himself.

Letting out a quiet sigh, she grabs her bag, kicking the car door open. 

The man lets her in once she's shown him her driving licence, thanking him when he holds the door open for her. 

There's a lot of activity and she mumbles her excuses as she makes her way past crewmen and extras but she stumbles to a stop when she sees Brian. 

Younger Brian. Like, Brian from the seventies and eighties.  

"Am I dead?" 

The young man spins around and Roxanne swears that she almost passes out. 

He is the double of Brian. 

She was genuinely worried that she had died.  

"Excuse me?"

Her eyes meet those of the young man again and she snaps out of it, "Am I dead? Brian?"

"Oh, no," he lets out a little laugh and steps forward, holding out his hand, "I'm Gwilym. Gwilym Lee. I've been cast as Brian."

"Thank god," Roxanne whispers, placing her hand on the young man's shoulder. "It's lovely to meet you. I'm Roxanne."

"Mrs Deacon," he nods, "Roger said that he was hoping you'd show up."

A megaphone crackles to life somewhere on the other side of the lot and Gwilym turns to pick up the Red Special (it must be a replica though because she's sure that Brian would still very particulars about who touches his guitar). 

"Do you want to tag along, Mrs Deacon?" Gwilym asks, "I'm sure Roger and Brian are around here somewhere."

"Please," she nods, "And please, call me Roxanne."

As they walk, she knows that he can feel her staring at him but she can't help it. She's just in awe of how similar he looks to Brian - he's his absolute double. 

The area opens out to a huge stage and stood in the middle, are three other young men and a woman with blonde hair. 

Gwilym leaves her side to go join them and it's not hard to work out that these young actors are those who are playing the rest of the band. 

"Roxanne?"

She spins round at the sound of Brian's voice, seeing him look at her with the same astonished look that she had given his doppelgänger. 

"Brian."

"Hello, love," he smiles, opening his arms and she eagerly crosses the small space between them to hug him.

She sighs as he holds her gently against his chest. God, she's missed him. 

"Look at you," he murmurs, holding her at arms length, "Still as lovely."