twenty two

smiley boys

++|++

"Oh, aren't they just adorable?"

"They are, Freddie, yes but you did tell them we were coming at nine, yes?"

"Of course I did, Brian. Told her four times."

Both Brian and Freddie turn when Roger comes into the bedroom carrying two large pots.

"Roger, no," Brian pleads but the blonde just smirks at him.

"Roger, yes."

Freddie immediately swoop in to save Casper, carrying him into the living room where his ears will be somewhat safer as Roger readies the two pots, "Might want to cover your ears, Bri."

That's all the warning he gives before he's banging the two pots together, jolting the young couple in the bed out of sleep immediately.

"What the hell, Roger?" Roxanne yells as John buries his head under the pillow, "How the fuck did you lot even get in here?"

"That might be my fault, darling," Freddie says quietly, holding up the key he still has for the flat.

"That," the young woman says, "Is not fair, Freddie. You said you gave me all of the keys."

"All but one," he admits, "I thought I'd best keep one in case of an emergency."

She holds out her hand.

"Oh, alright," he concedes, handing it over, "Now would you two be angels and meet us in the other room? We have much to discuss."

As soon as the three vacate the room, Roxanne falls back against the pillows and John moves the pillow, "You had to say we could have the meeting here, didn't you?"

She gives him a gentle shove, "Shut up, Deacon."

John is the first of the two to emerge from the bedroom. Roxy takes a little longer; deciding that she should get dressed before she too steps out to see Freddie, Brian and John all sat around her coffee table, helping themselves to food that came from Darnell's. Well, at least they didn't show up empty-handed.

"Alright," she announces, sitting on the couch beside Freddie. She's got a clipboard in her hands, "I've made a list of all the studios in West London."

"When did you find the time to do that?" Brain asks, looking somewhat impressed.

"Nighttime shifts at the diner are very slow," she smiles, "Now, I found...a lot and figured that you could all take some each. Divide and conquer, y'know?"

"Why don't we just phone?" Roger asks from where he's smoking on the fire escape, Casper weaving in and out between his legs.

"Because phonecalls aren't cheap, Roger."

"And it's harder to physically remove us from the building than it is to hang up on us," Freddie adds, tapping on his knees.

"Exactly," Roxy nods, "Be assertive."

"But polite." Brian interrupts.

"Look at you, Nessie," Roger says when finally joins them, looking over her shoulder at the list she's made, "There's got to be at least thirty places on here."

"Twenty-six actually," she corrects.

"You're like a proper little manager, aren't you?" Brian asks, giving her a smile and she laughs.

"That's me. Waitress by day, manager of Queen by night."

"You could be," Freddie says, making everyone look at him, "Well she could! We're going to need someone to look after us when we're big and famous."