eighty eight**

(gif is not mine)

we are so close to 100k you guys! which is amazing cause i really didn't think it was gonna get that many. thank you so much, you're all so lovely 🥰

STL is also close to 700k which is also mind blowing and i may update another little celebration chapter but what i've got planned/written down - lets just say it was sad hours when i wrote it. it'll mainly focus on Freddie and will show the lead up to and the immediate aftermath of his death...idk if i'm going to post it - i want to because i feel like there was stuff i should have written in the 500k one. anyway, on with this chapter! now, as you know, the ** means smut. read with caution and as always, i'll put another when the proper stuff starts.

++|++

Roxanne woke up the next morning when John got up to go to the bathroom; blindly searching for the alarm clock to see what time it was.

7:05 - thank god.

She tosses it back onto her table as John comes stumbling back through the door and onto the bed and this time, it's him that cuddles up to her, wrapping an arm tightly around her waist and she can smell the minty toothpaste on his breath.

"I fell asleep, didn't I?" he asks tiredly and Roxy can't help but let out a laugh.

"You did, yes."

"'m sorry," he groans, burying his face into her hair, "I was just so tired."

"It's alright, John," she assures him, "At least you did it before and not during. Then I'd be pissed."

"It's just been so long since either of us had a proper night's sleep." he explains.

"I know," she pats his arm, "But hey, the good news is, is that it's just gone past seven and we have no Arthur. It means that we can sleep in even longer."

His arm tightens around her waist slightly as her eyes fall shut again, "That is the best thing I've heard in a long time."

The pair fall silent again and Roxanne is sure that he's fallen asleep again but that's only until she feels his thumb rubbing the spot just beneath her breasts.

"What are you wearing?" he enquires quietly and she giggles when he comes in contact with a button that belongs to his shirt, "Is that...that's my shirt?"

"It might be..."

"I hope you're wearing something under that, Mrs Deacon," John whispers as he brushes her hair from her neck so he can press soft kisses against her skin; up her neck, along her jaw to her lips.

Roxanne turns her head in time for him to kiss her properly, turning onto her back to wrap her arms around his neck but suddenly, he pulls back.

"Hang on,"

"What?" she asks, "What's wrong?"

"Did you take my trousers off last night?"

"No...?"

"Then who did? I'm pretty sure that I fell asleep with them on but-" she silences him with a kiss before laying back on the pillow, her hand toying with one of the buttons, "Does it matter?"

His eyes follow her hand, clearing his throat as he bats her hand away, "No. No, it doesn't." He takes his time, undoing all of the buttons before he opens the shirt up, releasing a breath that washes over her skin, "Were you wearing that last night?"

"I was," she nods, biting her lip when he presses kisses across her collarbones, "But imagine my disappointment when I came through to discover that you'd fallen asleep on me."