seventy one

i fucking love that gif

a happy belated anniversary to John and Veronica! i only hope that i can someday have a marriage that stands the test of time and lasts as long as theirs has

++|++

On the 21st of November 1975; Night at the Opera was unveiled to the world and god, what a reception it got. It shot up the charts thanks to what people were referring to as Freddie's masterpiece; Bohemian Rhapsody and yes, while Roxanne agreed that it was indeed an incredible song, she felt that You're My Best Friend was just as good a single (she totally wasn't being biased because it was for her or anything...)

And with how well the album seemed to be doing, John started to think that maybe, they'd be alright.

Roxanne was now five months pregnant and she was really starting to embrace it; her skin had that wonderful glow about it, her hair was fuller and her bump...don't get John started on her bump. He absolutely loved it and although it was small, it was perfect; nestled perfectly between her hips and unable to help himself, he was always touching it. Whether they were lying in bed or out and about, he would always find a way to have a hand on her.

He'd even managed to almost waste a full roll of camera film that was for Japan, on her and her bump.

Having just four months until her due date (which was the 23rd of March), the flat was quickly filling up with stuff that they or their friends had found for them on the cheap because at the moment, money was tight.

After telling their parents, Roxanne had gone back to work but it soon became clear that Baby Deaky just wasn't happy with any of the smells floating about that diner because sometimes, if she even got so much as a whiff of anything, she'd be through in the bathroom. She even tried what John had suggested and worked in the office for most of the day but still, she was suffering and realising that she couldn't go through the rest of her pregnancy like that, she handed in her notice to Danny.

That meant that they were relying on the money that John was getting for the album and since his song had been released as a single, John was getting that little bit more as well as what he was getting for the album itself.

And with how well the album was doing, John was hoping that they'd be able to pay off their debts with Trident and then they could move out of the flat soon which was good because he thought that he'd found the perfect place.

He'd seen it when he was coming back from visiting his mum; a little detached house on the way out of London which he'd almost missed because it was so overgrown with bushes and he'd spent a good ten minutes rifling through the shrubbery to free the FOR SALE sign.

Granted, it looked a little worse for wear but he'd taken a look through the very dirty windows and from what he could see, it didn't look too bad on the inside and any work that was required, he was sure that it wouldn't be anything he couldn't do himself.

Obviously he couldn't buy it without talking to Roxy first which was why they were both in the car on their way to see it.

As he drives, he can't help but look at her sitting in the passenger seat; looking more relaxed than he's seen in a while with her hand resting on her bump.

"What are you looking at?" she asks, feeling his gaze as she reaches over to turn the radio down.

"You," he replies simply and she rolls her eyes.

It's not long until they arrive and the realtor, who introduces herself as Charlie, is waiting for them.

She and John chat quietly for a few minutes while Roxanne checks out the garden of the property. There's both a front and a back which will be ideal for the baby once they're older and Roxanne can picture barbecues in the summer or building snowmen in the winter. But as John told her, it's going to need some work and it makes her a little anxious to see the inside.