twenty

And things did indeed progress; if John wasn't busy doing gigs or with the band and Roxanne was off, more often than not, you would find them together. Either lounging around her flat or out on dates.

Roger, though he was completely on board with them being together, he felt the need to do the protective big cousin speech which did absolutely nothing to intimidate the bassist - most of the time, Roger Taylor was all bark and no bite.

"I mean it," Roger said that morning when John walked her to Darnell's, where she was meeting him and Freddie so they could go shopping and then, later on, they'd all meet up and head to a gig that was just an hour from the city, "Hurt her, you're out of the band and I'll kick your arse."

"Yes," John nods, "I know. You've only threatened me ten times."

"Just making sure that you know."

Roxanne giggles as John leans down to kiss her cheek - he was going back to Roger's flat to work on his amp, which was almost finished, "See you later, love."

"Bye," she grins, biting her lip as he walks away. Yeah, she had it bad for him though she yelps when Roger grabs her arm and drags her into the café.

"Who's turn is it?" Freddie asks as they all sit down at the closest free table and Roxanne is quick to point at her cousin.

"Roger's."

He grumbles as he gets up again to go put their coffee orders in as Freddie hands her a list of things that they wanted her to look out for when they hit the shops.

"Mary should come with the two of you," Roxy mumbles as Roger puts down three mugs, "She knows what would sell better than me."

"She can never get a day off," Freddie frowns, "I think they're working her too hard."

Roxanne knows what he means. She doesn't know the last time she saw Mary when it wasn't at Biba.

Freddie excuses himself to the bathroom a few minutes later and Roger sits back in his chair, slinging an arm across the back of hers as she goes over the list, helping herself to the slice of cake that Roger had also got for them.

The bell above the door signals that someone else has arrived and immediately, Roger straightens up, making her curious and she looks up from the sheet of paper to see a raven-haired woman making their way towards them and boy, she does not look happy.

"What was it you said to me this morning, Roger?" is the first thing she says and Roxanne pauses her chewing, looking between the two as Roger opens his mouth to reply but he doesn't get the chance, "Let me refresh your memory, yeah? You said you couldn't stick around because you were going shopping with your bandmate? Last time I checked, this," she cast a glare at Roxanne, "Isn't your bandmate. So tell me, where'd you pick this slag up? Outside my flat?"

"Hey!"

"Alyssa-"

So this was Alyssa? Charming.

"You're a real arsehole, Roger Taylor. Stay away from me."

For a few horrifying seconds, Roxanne thinks that maybe, maybe Alyssa is going to pick up one of their scalding hot coffee and chuck it over either him or her but she doesn't.

She picks up a glass of coke from another table and throws it in his face.

Roxanne's mouth falls open as the liquid drips down his chin onto his clothes and Alyssa gives him a rather mean smirk before turning on her heel and leaving.

Everyone else who's in the small café is staring like her and Roger brings a hand to his face to wipe at his eyes.

"Are you just going to sit there and stare at me or are you going to get me some napkins?"

"Right, sorry." she breathes, scrambling out of her seat to go to the counter so she can grab them.

Freddie chooses that moment to return, raising an eyebrow at the fact that Roxanne is desperately trying to mop up the spillage on the floor while Roger is telling her to help him and forget about the fucking floor. 

"Honestly, Roger," Freddie tuts as he sits down, missing the way that Roxanne is frantically shaking her head, trying to warn him that her cousin is not in the mood to be made fun of, "Missing your mouth at your age." 

"Where are you going?" she cries as Roger stands up and he snatches the napkins from her. 

"'m going to explain, aren't I? I quite like her Roxy." 

"Who is he going after?" Freddie asks as he bends down to help her wipe the floor. 

"Alyssa," she mumbles, thanking one of the workers when they bring out a mop, "She works with Mary in Biba." 

"That was her?" he nods to the mess, "How dramatic. I love it." 

++|++

"This is bollocks," Roger mutters, mouthful as he steps back off of the road to let a farmer on his tractor trundle on by them. His van had blown a tire and so they were stuck on the side of the road until John, who had been nominated by the rest of them, to fix it. 

"It's uh, it's counter-clockwise I think you'll find, John." Brian says casually, stepping over him as he struggles with the jack and he huffs. 

"Is it? Thank you Brian, would you like to do it? Please, feel free." 

Roxy giggles, looking at Roger who comes to stand beside the rest of them again, "We've sold out every pub and uni south of Glasgow and I'm stuck, in the middle of nowhere, eating a ham sandwich." 

She looks at John as he gives up, leaning back against him as he rests against the van, breathing heavily. 

"We're just not thinking big enough," Freddie muses and Roxy peers over his shoulder to look at the newspaper he's been reading and sees that he's circled an ad. 

"What have you got in mind, Fred?" 

"An album." 

"We can't afford an album," John mutters. 

"Oh, we'll find a way," he nods, "How much do you think we can get for this van?" 

Roxy sucks in a breath as she looks at Roger, seeing him glaring at the singer, "I hope you're joking." 

But looking at Freddie, she doesn't think he is.

++|++

Lol if that ain't me

ya girl would PAY to see the BoRhap cast doing I Want to Break Free on lip sync battle. joe would absolutely bring it