sixty one

The two weeks between Roxy returning home and the boys following her passed in a blur of work, cats and hanging out with Kayla. Yes, since Mary had gone out to join the band, Roxy was going in and out feeding their cats which Amos and Casper were not happy about when she came home smelling of them.

John had told her on the phone that they'd be getting into Heathrow at around two tomorrow afternoon and that meant that she'd be just starting her shift at the diner which meant that she wouldn't be able to go pick them up with Kayla.

She knows that she saw them not that long ago but she hates it when John's not here. Things just don't feel right.

The next day at the diner, she can't keep the smile off of her face. Her boys were coming home tomorrow! And the girls would be back together as well!

Though by the phone calls she's been getting from Rebecca, she's starting to think that there's some work needed between her and Mary but Roxy will find out the problem when they're home and settled back into London life.

She holds off going for her break - waiting until she's practically starving until she throws in the towel because as everyone knows, the longer you leave it, the less time you have to go when you come back.

She's through the back getting more coffee stirrers and when she returns to the floor, she's shocked to see that Roger, Brian and Rebecca are sat at the counter - so shocked that she drops the box she's carrying onto her foot, alerting them to her presence.

"There she is!" Roger cheers, getting up from his stool, "Was wondering where you were, Nessie."

"I...you-what?"

"Spit it out," he laughs as he hugs her tightly.

"What are you doing here?" she grins, hugging him back just as tight, "Not that I'm not happy to see you but aren't you just getting home?"

She quickly greets Brian and Rebecca before returning to her spot behind the counter.

"We've been back a while," Brian murmurs, "But then we soon realised that we had nothing in the flat except some rather disgusting milk."

"So we've come for food and coffee," Rebecca grins, "Deaky was going to come too but the poor guy was practically falling asleep on the minibus. He probably crashed as soon as he got home."

"That's alright," Roxy murmurs, "I'll see him when I get home. Anyway, tell me about Japan! What was it like?"

And so the three of them loudly launch into telling her about the food, about the cities they went to and they even tell her about John and Freddie getting lost in this huge park when they went sightseeing for the day.

"John was definitely the favourite though," Rebecca says after she takes a sip of her coffee, "They loved him over there."

"He was," Brian nods in agreement, "Couldn't get enough of him."

"Of course he was!" Roxy grins as she starts placing their food orders down in front of them.

"We went to this other park," Rebecca continues, "All of us. I can't remember the name of it but all the way round, he was jut swarmed by kids."

"Really?"

Brian nods again, "He reckons that they were more interested in his camera than him but he was really nice about it."

"He let them take some pictures with it," Roger mumbles with a mouthful of food.

"I took a photo with Roger's camera. We'll show you when we get it developed."