seventy eight

idk how many times i've put this gif in but idgaf. i love john in this suit and it's actually what i pictured him wearing in the previous chapter

++|++

"Have you got everything?" Roxy asks, leaning against the back of the couch as she watches John gather his bags together.

"I think so," he nods.

"Got enough boxers?"

"Yes, mum," he teases and she can't help but smile.

It wasn't long now until her due date and the time for the band's trip to Japan had arrived and John was due to get picked up soon.

"I'm sorry that I can't come to the airport with you," she frowns.

"Don't be daft," he kneels on the couch to kiss her.

They'd decided, that since the band had grown spectacularly in popularity (and since someone from Gretna Green had let slip that Roxanne was pregnant), that the two of them would say their goodbyes at home.

"Besides, if anyone should be apologising, it's me."

"Why?"

"I'm leaving you here alone the week after we got married. And you're almost in your last month. I feel like a shit husband."

"John," she sorts a section of hair, "We always knew it was going to be like this. That you'd be going to Japan soon after."

"What if you go into labour early?" he frets.

"Rebecca will be here."

"She can't drive."

Roxy shrugs, "Then we'll phone a cab or an ambulance."

"That could take ages to come."

"Then she'll just have to deliver the baby here."

His eyes widen and she can't help but giggle.

"That's not funny," he grumbles, "You're not making me feel any better."

"Oh, John," she sighs, moving around the couch so she can sit beside him, "I'm going to be fine."

"Did you know that with a first pregnancy you're more likely to go into labour early?" John asks and she just stares at hin,

Had everyone read the pregnancy books except her?

"Love," she says, placing her hand on his shoulder, "Listen to me. I am going to be fine. Besides, me and the baby had a little chat this morning."

He raises an eyebrow, "Oh really?"

"Yes," she nods, taking his hand to rest on her stomach, "They know that they've not to come until the twenty-fifth of March."

"Babies come when they want, Rox," he whispers and she tuts.

"Well if they do come early, then they're grounded."

From outside, there's the sound of a horn and John gets up to go look out down onto the street to see if it is for him, the sagging of his shoulders a dead giveaway that it is indeed time for him to go to the airport.

Pushing herself up off the couch, Roxanne wraps her arms around his middle, resting her head between his shoulder blades, "I'll be fine."

Turning, John wraps his arms around her, "Alright, you have to promise me that you won't move anything to the house yourself."

"Okay,"

"Promise me."

"I promise!"

"Oh and don't climb up onto the counters either. I saw you do it the other day, Roxanne and I swear it almost killed me."