seventy three

how good would it be if Brian got a snapchat? (this is when you guys tell me he does have one and i have been living under a rock)

++|++

Christmas crept up on them a lot quicker than they would have liked. Both John and Roxy had completely lost track of the days leading up to the holiday; they were both more concerned with getting their house ready but from the 20th to the 24th, Roxy insisted that they take a little bit of time just to enjoy the day.

John let Roxanne take the lead in planning for everything, just being there so he could help her do whatever it was she needed to do and to be honest, he was rather impressed that she'd managed to get everything done in time. All he'd had to do really was find her gift which, in his opinion, was a pretty damn good one.

Christmas morning, Roxanne woke to the sound of John banging about in the kitchen and like she'd been doing every morning, she lay there and spoke to her bump. She did it for around ten minutes to both strengthen the bond between her and their unborn child and so that they would know her voice.

At the moment, they only reacted to John.

"Morning, little one," she yawned, running her hand over the top of her shirt, "Merry Christmas. I hope you don't feel too left out today. You'll be here for next year and I can assure you, you'll be spoiled rotten."

She goes onto talk about more boring things; the weather ("It's snowing - I think you'll like the snow") and about how Uncle Roger and Aunty Rebecca will be here soon along with Lillian and she lets them know that she got John a new watch and that she'd put Love from Roxy and Baby Deaky on the tag. 

When she finally hauls herself from the bed, she pulls on one of John's hoodies and quickly piles her hair into a bun atop her head before padding to the bathroom so she can brush her teeth.

Her boyfriend is pottering about in the kitchen, setting up pots and pans for the dinner later on while stirring something in another and Roxanne leans against the wall, smiling when she hears him singing along to the radio.

He looks rather lovely like this.

John doesn't notice her standing there until he turns to get something out of the fridge and when he does, she gives him a little wave, "Morning."

"Morning!" he grins, abandoning whatever it is he's doing to come to her side, grabbing something from the countertop, "Merry Christmas."

Roxanne rolls her eyes when he holds up a sprig of mistletoe above her head, humming quietly when he presses her lips against hers, "Merry Christmas. You're in an awfully good mood."

"What's there not to be happy about?" he asks.

"Have you been drinking?"

"What? No!"

She raises an eyebrow.

"Alright, I may have had a couple Buck's Fizz."

"John!" she laughs, "It's eleven in the morning!"

"But it's Christmas, my love."

Roxanne laughs again but lets it slide. She knows that if she could, she would have been drinking right alongside him, "What time are Rog and Becca getting here?"

"I told him to come for two but he rang earlier on and said that they would come for half twelve."

She scrunches up her nose, "Why? We're not eating till later."

He shrugs, "I told him that but he insisted. Said that they had nothing better to do."

"Oh," she mumbles, "Fair enough. What about your mum?"