one hundred and four

By the time 1983 came around, the band were still riding the wave of success; they'd travelled to so many new places, saw so many things, met some new people.

Around a year after ending things with Kayla, he had met a lovely young woman named Alice, who actually worked for Elton John at the time and the two of them, were completely mad for one another. They'd gotten married two year's after meeting and had two adorable kids.

Freddie had also found a new love - a wonderful man, Jim Hutton. He was kind, he treating Freddie the way he deserved to be treated...just all in all, a really lovely bloke. Plus, with his arrival, Paul Prenter was no longer part of Freddie or the band's life - not that anyone was complaining about that.

Roxy and John, they now had five kids. Yes, five.

They'd initially planned on leaving a little bit longer between Theo and the next baby but...well, just a few weeks after Christmas the pair were at some big official party for the band and well, they had a few drinks, Roxy hadn't been able to keep her hands off of him and nine months later, they had Michael.

Roxy and John made sure to be careful after that. They loved their boys, they did but having three under five, that was hard. Arthur was three, Theo, well he had just turned one in May and so they decided to put the brakes on a little bit, waiting until Michael was at least two before trying again.

And like always, Roxy got pregnant first time trying without protection - she swears that John must have some really strong swimmers.

She got pregnant again at the beginning of eighty-one, spending most of the pregnancy in Switzerland, where the band had bought a studio and where they were working on their next album.

They finally got their little girl on the 12th of November and when Isla Deacon came into the world, every single one of her brother's were absolutely besotted with her.

Roxanne honestly thought that they were done. Four seemed like a great number but...she was wrong and what happened with Michael happened again. Four months after Isla's birth, they went to another party, had more drinks and she got pregnant with Robert.

After his birth, that was it. Both Roxy and John agreed that five was the perfect number and with the band showing no signs of slowing down...it just seemed right.

As things now stood, Arthur was seven, Theo five, Mikey four, Isla two and Robert had just turned one.

They had obviously had to move from their little home; they'd moved when they were expecting Michael and their new home, it was bigger than either of them had ever had and at the back of their property, was woods and those woods, separated them from the Taylors.

Yep, they were back to back with Roger and Becca.

Roger had been the one who had told John that the house behind them was for sale one day when they were in the studio and when he told Roxanne, she suggested that they go and view it, just for a joke but neither of them had expected to fall in love with it the way that they had - it was large enough that they could all fit comfortably without getting in each other's way, had extra bedrooms (they didn't know at that point that they'd be having more children) but it was garden that sealed the deal.

They had of course asked Roger and Becca if they were alright with them being so close to which Roger had replied 'it'll be good for babysitting, won't it?

They were actually getting ready to go to Roger's house right now. He and Rebecca were having a barbecue to celebrate getting a pool put in.

"Mum!" Arthur yells from the bottom of the stairs, "Mum, I can't find my trunks!"

Roxanne steps out of Robert's nursery, baby on her hip, "They're on your bed. I've told you three times."

"Oh," he looks sheepish, "So you have."

Stepping further into the hall, they're almost knocked over by the blonde bomb scare that is Theo, who spouts an apology over his shoulder.

"No running in the house, please," she sighs as she carries Robert downstairs, where she sees John putting Isla's shoes on for her.

He loves the boys, he does but Roxy knows that he's got an extra soft spot for his little girl.

When she was a baby, just weeks old, more often than not she would wake to find him watching her sleep - just like she had done with Arthur. He'd tend to her most nights and when he was out at the park with the boys or even just meandering around the supermarket, Isla would be strapped to his chest in the baby carrier.

"You almost ready?" John asks as she steps into the room.

Nodding, she starts gathering all of the supplies into the bag she was taking; suncream, Calpol, countless hats that she knew that she'd have to wrestle onto the five of them.

Both Theo and Arthur come barrelling into the living room, just managing to hop over Michael who is playing on the floor.

"Can we go on ahead?" Arthur asks, practically bouncing on his feet, "Ellie says that it's alright."

"That's fine," John nods, "But you can take the brownies your mum made over."

"You made brownies?" Theo lights up, "You're the best, mum!"

Roxanne watches after them with a smile, shouldering the blue bag and looking at John, "Ready?"

He nods, bringing Isla with him as he stands, "Come on, Mikey, let's go."

The little boy nods, taking his hat which is poking out the top of the bag and John makes sure that the front door is locked before he's following his family out the back one.

At the bottom of their garden, there's a gate that leads out into the woods and on the other side, is a path that John and Roger spent days marking out with sticks and rocks so that the kids could come and go as they pleased. Though right now, Arthur was the only one who could walk it himself and even then, it was only if Roxy or John stood at the gate to make sure he got to his uncle's safely.

Michael skips on ahead, the gate to Roger and Becca's garden already coming into view while John and Roxy follow more slowly.

"Are Brian and Alice coming?" Roxanne asks as she adjusts Robert on her hip, "Freddie and Jim?"

"I don't think so," John hoists Isla up onto his shoulders, "Hold on, darling. No, Freddie and Jim are in Munich, remember? And Brian says that Halley had a bug so they were giving it a miss too."

She nods, bringing her free hand to cover her mouth as she yawns.

John frowns, keeping a tight grip on Isla's legs as she squirms, "You alright?"

She looks at him and he can immediately see how tired she looks, "I'm just a little tired, that's all. Looking after five kids is a little exhausting."

He frowns, "I'm sorry, love. I know I've not been home a lot."

"Oh, John please don't feel guilty," she shakes her head, "I just...a break would be nice, you know? Maybe after the album is finished we could go away?"

John nod absentmindedly as she starts walking again. Maybe they didn't have to wait until the album was finished.

++|++

ooft, i know that this is a lot, believe me and i was debating with myself on whether or not to do it but i have. the deacons have all of their deaklings. i am calling it at five haha

have any of you seen field of dreams? Cause i had a dream last night where it was kinda like that but instead of building a baseball field, i done up a derelict church into a concert venue and a whole bunch of dead performers came and sang; David Bowie, Amy Winehouse, Sam Cooke - even fricking Elvis! (and my bby Freddie of course!) anyway, the point is, i woke up and thought hey, that could be a pretty good story idea. Even if it was just a wee one shot type thing