forty four

The rest of their short time in Pittenweem was just as wonderful as the previous couple of days.
But the pair of them had to return to London and of course, they had to return to work and for her first shift back, Roxy was starting at nine and on her way, she met Brian who was on his way to the diner for his morning cup of coffee before heading into work and since she'd been away for a few days, it was time to resume the teasing of the maths teacher.

"I'm just saying, how can we really be sure that the moon landing really happened?" she asks, peering up at Brian out of the corner of her eye to see him clenching his jaw, "Bri?"

"Roxanne," he warns.

"I mean, I saw the strings!" she keeps going.

"I swear to god that I'm going to push you in front of one of these cars, Roxanne," he mutters, gesturing to the road that they're walking along.

Grinning to herself, she wraps her arm around his, "I'm joking. If you say it happened, Brian, it happened. I trust you."

"Hm," he murmurs, "I hear you and John are baking a cake tonight."

"We are," she nods, "Though I'm not going to lie, I'm a little worried. He did say he's never really baked before...I see my kitchen being a mess by the end of it...hey, there's Kayla!"

Unfortunately, the florist doesn't see them and returns into her shop and Roxy looks up at Brian, "How are things between the two of you?"

"What?"

Her eyes narrowed, "You did apologie to her, right?"

He clears his throat, "About that..."

"Brian!" she cries, "You said you would!"

"No, you and Freddie said I would. I agreed to no such thing. To be honest, I don't really see why I should say sorry."

"You should say sorry because you were horrible to her," Roxanne purses her lips, "That's why."

Brian stays quiet as they get closer to the flower shop. Okay, she had a little bit of a point. Maybe he had been a little bit of a prick to her.

They start walking by the shop, where inside, Kayla is talking to an older woman, smiling as she shows her some pink flowers. Brian doesn't really know the name of them though he lets out a yell when Roxanne suddenly shoves into his side and the pair practically fall into the shop making both Kayla and her customer turn to look at them.

Brain glares down at Roxanne and she wiggles her eyebrows before turning to look at the abundance of flowers that were available.

Once she's finished with the old woman, Kayla looks to see the pair looking at her gladioli and after smoothing down the front of her little apron, she approaches, "Roxanne. Good morning."

"Hi, Kayla!"

"Brian," she greets and he gives her a little wave.

"Morning."

"Your cousin was in yesterday," Kayla inform Roxanne as she sorts some of her Lillie, "He was buying roses."

"They'll be for Rebecca," Brian says quietly, "He's mad about her."

"He was mad about Alyssa too," Roxanne mutters, "And look what happened."

"Rebecca's not like her," Brian shakes his head, "You know that, Roxy. She's just as mad for him."

Roxanne glances at the clock that is on the wall and groans. She had to go or she was going to be late.

"You alright?"