ninety six

Before the reception, Roger and Rebecca take a little bit of time to go walk around the grounds and such and while they do that, Roxanne and John follow Freddie across the road and into the function room where there are the friends and family that they'd invited.

There's music playing quietly while they wait for the newlyweds and a photographer wandering around snapping photos.

"It looks great in here," John says as he and Roxy sit down at a table with Freddie.

"Your wife is the brains behind it all, darling," he grins as a waitress places glasses of champagne in front of each of them.

The singer takes a couple of sips before he's looking at Roxanne, "I've just had the most wonderful idea."

"Really?" John asks, "What's that then?"

"Wait, where is Brian?"

He disappears before answering John's question and he shrugs when Roxanne looks at him, "That scares me."

He returns after a couple of minutes with Brian and Kayla in tow, each of them carrying two drinks each, which they place down in front of everyone.

"I know you're driving," Kayla murmurs, "So I got you some orange juice."

"Thanks," Roxy smiles, "So, what's this idea, Fred?"

"Well," the man says, smile matching hers, "They're going to be having the first dance, aren't they?"

"Probably," Brian nods, "If they go the traditional way but really, nothing's traditional about this wedding, is there?"

"Hush," Freddie rolls his eyes, placing his hand over his friend's mouth, "Why don't we sing for them? Oh, darlings, it would be so romantic, don't you think?"

Roxy and Brian share a glance and while he's nodding, Roxy is thinking that she doesn't like the way he's said we.

"What do you think, Nessie?" Freddie asks, "Will you join us up on stage?"

She looks at John, who sips from his champagne and shrugs. "I think Rog would like it, love. What do you think?" he looks down at Arthur, "Do you think mummy should sing?"

He claps his hands together, making the table laugh and so Roxy nods, looking at Freddie to see that he's practically bursting with excitement, "One song, Freddie."

"Oh thank you, darling!" he gets up to come round the table, pressing a loud kiss to her cheek, "We finally get to hear your beautiful voice."

It's a little while longer until Roger and Rebecca make their appearance but when they do, the DJ announces it into the mic for everyone to be upstanding.

"Now please ladies and gentlemen, give a loud cheer for the newlyweds, Roger and Rebecca Taylor!"

The noise is ridiculous as they step through the archway, Rebecca looking just that little bit uncomfortable with all the attention on her but Roger keeps her hand tightly in his as they head towards the edge of the dancefloor.

"Now, I believe that your good friend Freddie is coming up to say a few words," the DJ announces and Roger and Rebecca look at each other in confusion, watching Freddie emerge from the crowd and climb up onto the stage.

"I will keep this short, lovies, I promise," he grins into the mic and holds up his glass of champagne, "Roger, Rebecca, I think I speak for all of the people in this room when I say that we wish the both of you all the happiness in the world. I mean it from the bottom of my heart when I say that you deserve it. You're two of the most beautiful people I have ever met, inside and out and I wish you nothing but good luck in this new adventure you're about to embark on. To Roger and Rebecca."