ninety four

Being that she was only five weeks pregnant, Roxanne and John were waiting until the twenty-week mark before even thinking about telling people and normally, that would be quite difficult but with the band being on their break, they weren't seeing their friends as much as normal and so, that was a lot easier.

The pregnancy itself, that was shaping up to be hard. Unlike with Arthur, the morning sickness started pretty much straight away and it was just as horrible as she remembered. To go along with the sickness (which Roxanne thinks should be changed to all-day sickness), she had the most terrible heartburn and she was always, always tired.

That's why John offered to take Arthur to the park that afternoon; to give her the chance to relax.

She's literally just sat down on the couch with a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits when there's a knock on the door.

"Are you kidding me?" she grumbles and before she can even get up again, she hears the door opening.

"Nessie?"

Oh, thank god.

"In the living room," she calls, picking up her mug of tea as both Roger and Rebecca step into the room.

"Wow," Roger comments, "You look like shit."

"Roger," Becca scolds, giving Roxy a once over herself, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she waves a dismissive hand, "This is a pleasant surprise. What are you two doing here?"

"We were out for a drive," Roger says as he sits down in the armchair, Becca taking a seat on the arm of it, "And I thought that we hadn't seen Arthur in a while."

"I hope it's alright," Rebecca chimes in, "I did tell him to phone first."

"It's fine," Roxy smiles, "John's taken him to the park but they shouldn't be too long in coming back."

"That's alright," Roger gets comfortable, "Besides, we want to talk to you about something anyway."

"Oh?"

The two look at each other before Rebecca speaks, "It's about our wedding."

"Oh!" Roxy perks up a little bit, sitting up on the couch to give them her full attention, "What about it? Are you going to start planning?"

"Not quite," Becca smiles.

"We've decided," Roger pipes up, "That we want to get married as soon as possible."

"No fuss,"

"No fancy ceremony," he nods, "Kinda like what you and John did."

"Alright," Roxy nods, "You wanna do it at Gretna Green?"

"Not Gretna," Rebecca shakes her head,  "We've actually booked a registry office for next week."

"Next week?!"

They nod excitedly, "And we were wondering if you could maybe help us."

Roxanne nods again, "Yeah, of course. What do you need help with?"

"Well, Becca stupidly asked Freddie to plan a party for us, it's going to be in the hotel across from the place." Rebecca looks sheepish as he speaks, "So, can you possibly help him with that? Well, we say help...supervise is a better word."

"You want me to supervise Freddie Mercury in party planning?" she asks as Roger gets up to go make some coffee, "Who do you think I am? What would you need me to do?"

"Just keep him in check," Rebecca looks desperate, "Make sure he doesn't invite too many people, make sure that it's all people we know."

"So what brought on the sudden need to get married?" Roxanne asks, sipping at her tea, "Becca, I thought that your mum was looking forward to the big lavish wedding?"