one hundred and five

For the next week, whenever John had a moment alone at home or in the studio, he was on the phone to travel agents, trying desperately to find an amazing holiday that he could take his family on.

If he was in the city, he would look in the windows of shops or he'd be talking to the actual agents until finally, he found something.

Originally, like he always did, he thought about Disneyworld -the kids (three of them at least) were old enough that they could actually go on rides and enjoy the park but let's be real, that'd probably stress Roxanne out more than relax her.

But he did decide on Florida. He was quite surprised that he'd managed to get anything on such short notice. It had been tricky considering that there are seven of them but he managed it. It was right on the water, had a private section of beach for hotel guest only and, if they wanted to, they could take a trip to Disney.

The next thing he had to do was tell Roxanne and he did so, when all of the kids were in bed. She too was also in bed but she was reading before she went to sleep. She looks up when he comes into the bedroom, watching curiously as he goes to the wardrobe and pulls down a suitcase, which he puts down on his side of the bed.

"Are you leaving me?" she asks, raising an eyebrow, "Oh my god, are you chucking me out?"

"Don't be silly, love," John laughs, "No."

"Then what's with the case?"

"Well, I may have booked us a holiday for next week." he grins.

She closes her book with a snap, tossing it off to the side, "What? You have?"

He nods, "All inclusive, sun and sand for two whole weeks."

She lets out a quiet squeal, crawling to the edge of the bed so she can wrap her arms around his neck, pressing a loud kiss to is lips, "Wait, what about the album? The boys are letting you take some time off?"

"Of course," he nods, clearing his throat, "Could do with the break if I'm honest."

He was lying, he hadn't told the boys yet but regardless of what they say, they'd be going. Roxanne needed this, they both did.

Admittedly, John knew that he hadn't been home much. Between recording, interviews for magazines and television appearances, he wasn't seeing his family as much as he'd like and he felt shit. He hated leaving Roxanne with the five of them on her own but she always insisted that it was fine.

"Where are we going?" Roxy asks, practically bouncing on the bed, "Wait, no, I want to be surprised." She lets out another squeal and kisses him once more, "Gah, I'm so excited!"

Like he said, they needed this.

++|++

"I still can't believe you got the boys to let you have some time off."

John lazily turn his head to look at her. They were just two days into their fourteen night stay and already, he could see the effect that it was having on Roxanne; her eyes were brighter, her skin had the foundation for a pretty impressive tan...she didn't need to know that John hadn't actually told the and that they were jetting off. He had left the studio late on Thursday night and left a sticky note on the neck of his bass, saying that he was off on holiday for two weeks. They could kill him when he got back.

"Like I said," he shrugs, "It was a welcome relief. You know what we get like after being cooped up together. Would argue a-"

"About the colour of the sky," Roxy finishes softly, giving him a smile, "Thank you for doing this, John."