sixty five

Kayla left her alone a little while after finding out. She had to try and get her head around the fact that she was indeed pregnant. After her friend had gone, Roxy had dug one of John's jumpers out of the wardrobe, one that still had the smell of his aftershave clinging to it, pulled it on and curled up on the couch.

John.

How the hell was he going to take this? They couldn't have a baby, could they?

The band are just scraping enough money to start paying Trident back but they could be finished depending on how well this album goes down. They were skint. How the hell could they possibly think of adding a baby into everything?

No, they were still so young! There was no way that they could have a baby.

But then, as she's sitting there, Roxanne thinks about John and what their child could look like. Would they have John's soft hair? Her eyes? The Deacon's nose? And then she can picture him sitting at the other end of the couch, cradling a tiny baby in his arms...

She groans loudly, running her hands over her face which startles the cats and looking on the coffee table, she sees the Polaroid photo that's of her and John and she knows that she can't just sit here.

No, she had to go to Wales. Today. This couldn't possibly wait until Friday - she had to tell John and doing it over the phone wasn't an option either.

She gets up and quickly starts packing up a bag. She doesn't know how long she'll be staying but it'll be overnight at least. There will be a lot to talk about and after she rings Kayla and asks her to feed the cats, she says goodbye to the cats, she says goodbye to them, grabs her car keys and a couple of the tests and heads out the door.

++|++

It took her just over two hours to get to Rockfield but in a way, Roxanne wished that it had taken her longer - just so she could try and think of how to tell him.

Finding the farm, however, was a little more difficult and she'd had to ask someone in the village for directions - fortunately, they were more than happy to help and as she drove up the long dirt road, she could feel her hands starting to clam up.

The place was gorgeous, just like John said it was; situated in the middle of picturesque rolling hills and the area as a whole was bigger than she thought it'd be. There was the main house and a couple of barns which was probably where most of the recordings would take place.

As she cuts the engine, Roxanne realises that she hadn't really thought this part through. They weren't expecting her, no one was. She didn't even know if the band were here. They might have been off-site or something, having a day off.

She's so engrossed in her thoughts that she doesn't notice the door to one of the barn's opening. Nor does she notice Brian as he steps out and start heading towards the house

To be fair, he doesn't realise that her car is parked outside until he's just about to go inside but when he does, his brow furrows.

Roxanne wasn't supposed to be here until Friday and for a few minutes, he kind of just stares at her; she doesn't even notice that he's doing it and he wonders what she's doing. Why isn't she getting out of the car?

She doesn't see him step of the doorstep and come closer to the car and he sees that she's gripping the wheel so tight that her knuckles are going white.

He startles her when he taps on the passenger side window and he steps back when she reaches over to open the door for him, wordlessly climbing in when there's enough room for him to do so.