five

A week into her visit, the weather finally took a turn for the better and Roxanne had suggested that they shut the shop early and all meet up at the park.

So now, here they were, traipsing through the crowded area to find a spot where they could set down their blankets and cooler because, in Roxy's opinion, you can't go to the park without a picnic.

She, Brian and Roger (who came reluctantly) arrived first followed by John and then finally Freddie, who'd invited Mary along too.

"This was a fabulous idea, darling," Freddie said as he lay down on one of the blankets (a tartan one that Roxy had found in the back of the flat's cupboard), "I don't we've done this before. All of us, I mean."

"There's a reason for that," Roger grumbles, swatting at a bee, yelping when Roxanne smacks his arm, "What?"

"Leave it alone, Roger. It's not doing anything to you."

Brian, who's hovering above the lot of them, looks over his shoulder towards the north entrance of the park, "There's a little ice cream van there. Does anyone want anything?"

At once, five hands shoot and Brian nods, "Alright, what's everyone wanting?"

They all tell him their requests and when it comes to Roxanne's turn, she sits up and pushes her sunglasses up onto her hair, "I'll have a double cone."

He narrows his eyes at her but doesn't protest, "Flavours?"

"Vanilla and mint please."

"Hang on," Roger sits up, "If she's getting a double scoop then so am I."

"No, you're not."

"But that's not fair!"

"Hang on, hang on," Freddie mumbles, suspiciously eying Roxy and Brian, "I'm sensing some tension here. What's happened?"

A smirk rises onto Roger's face as he remembers this morning's shenanigans.

"Nothing," Roxanne says quickly. Too quickly.

"Liar," Roger sang, taking a drink of his coke.

Brian's face has turned a brilliant shade of red while the blonde quickly finds the grass by her legs rather interesting.

"It's really not that bad," Roger then goes on to say, which makes his cousin glare at him.

"Not that bad?" she repeats, "Roger, he saw me naked!"

John, who was midway through taking a sip of his drink, chokes and Mary is quick to reach over and pat him on the back and the bassist looks at Brian, "You what?"

"I-I didn't," he stutters, "I mean, you should have locked the door, Roxanne!"

"That's easier said than done. You don't have one!"

"What?" Roger scoffs, "That's...we're not animals, Roxanne. We have a bathroom lock."

"I can assure you that you don't," she says, shaking her head.

"We do!"

"A fiver," she holds out her hand, "I'm betting you two a fiver each that you don't."

"Deal." both Roger and Brian shake her hand.

"Good," she grins, pulling her sunglasses down once more, "Now go get me my ice cream."

++|++

As the sun continued to beat down on them, Freddie had spent the majority of the time talking about what the summer had in store for the band and from what Roxy could understand, there was going to be a lot of travelling involved.