twenty five

"So what do we think?" Freddie asks.

Roxanne looks up from the clothes she's sorting through for him.

He's dressed a mannequin up and although the outfit looks good, they're going into autumn now and what he's chosen, is more of a summer outfit.

"You don't like it?"

"I never said that," she quickly says, "I mean, it's a lovely outfit,"

"Tell that to your face, darling."

She smiles, "It is lovely. But Freddie, we're going into September. Don't you think it's maybe time you got the shop ready with autumn stuff?"

He thinks for a second and nods, "Do you want to come with me? We can go to this lovely little shop that I know on the outskirts of Soho."

"Who'll keep an eye on the sho-" the door opening answers her question and she looks over her shoulder and rolls her eyes at the familiar giggle.

Roger and Alyssa have arrived.

Roxanne watches Roger shake out his umbrella, giving both her and Freddie a bright grin, "Alright?"

"Hiya,"

"I thought you were working," he says as he shrugs off his coat.

"Disappointed that I'm here, Rog?"

"Don't be stupid," he mutters, ruffling her hair as he walks by, "You remember Alyssa?"

How could I forget? she thinks but she nods and gives the woman a tightlipped smile, "Nice to see you again."

"You too. Rog, where's the bathroom?"

"It's just down here, love."

Freddie's watching Roxanne in amusement as she glares at Alyssa's retreating figure but she plasters a smile back on her face when her cousin comes back and the singer gets up from his seat, "Right, come along my darling."

"Oh, you're leaving?"

Roxy nods, "We're going round some charity shops."

"You're alright staying here?" Freddie asks and Roger nods, looking down as Alyssa's arms wrap around his waist.

"We'll be fine, won't we Rog? It's not as if the place is busy."

"Come on, Fred," Roxy says, taking hold of his hand to lead him to the door, "We'll go get my car so we don't get soaked. Rog, we're taking the umbrella."

++|++

"So where is this shop exactly?" Roxy asks as she makes another round of the block in an attempt to find a parking space.

"On Dean Street," he answers, "But if you park on Wardour, we can cut through this alley here."

"Oh," she pulls into the first space she sees, shrugging apologetically as the driver of a green Mini Cooper glares at her. "What?" she asks when Freddie gives her a look, "You gotta be quick, Fred."

"Alright," he takes hold of her hand to lead her down the short alleyway, stopping at almost every window to see what they have to offer and when they pass a building with a blue door, Roxanne is the one who pulls him to a halt.

The sign on the wall by the door is so small that she almost missed it but she lets go of Freddie's hand so she can read it better.

"What is it?" he asks, standing beside her and she points to the sign.

Trident Music Recording Studios

"It's a recording studio," she mumbles, "But I-it wasn't on my list."