one hundred and fifteen

so i thought i'd posted a message to you guys yesterday explaining that i was working and so the update would be today instead but i just realised that i didn't. well done to me. 

++|++

It wasn't until the following year that Queen released any new music. On June 2nd 1986, A Kind of Magic was released and people in the UK, obviously having the band's Live Aid performance on their mind, bought it in their droves, sending it straight to the top of the charts and not even a week later, they set out on a short two-month European tour.

It was once again the summer holidays and while Roxanne and the kids went along with John, they didn't stay for the full thing.

The kids were all getting older now and John didn't want to be dragging them to different countries or keeping them away from their friends who they quite rightly wanted to spend some time with as well.

Around half way through the tour, there were two shows scheduled for Wembley Stadium which sold out and so they added two dates, one on either side of the stadium gigs to give fans another chance to see the band but they too sold out - even faster than the tickets for Wembley so the band, they decided to add one last massive gig at the end of the tour, at Knebworth Park.

On the 9th of August, around one hundred and twenty thousand people crammed their way into the gardens of the Hertfordshire country house where a battalion of amps, cabling and a twenty-foot video screen kept an army of techs and roadies busy

Isla had been up during the night before the gig with a sickness bug and so Roxanne had slept in, being woken up by Theo shaking her shoulder and informing her that they would be late.

They were going to be getting the train up and so she quickly got up, making them breakfast while the five of them showered and got dressed. The gig didn't start till later that evening but still, there was no telling when the train would get there; it might be delayed, it might get cancelled and then she'd have to drive...so much could go wrong.

The train journey was not as bad as she thought it was going to be; Arthur had brought John's portable CD player and was quietly listening to that and it soon became clear that quite a lot of the other passengers, they were also heading up to the gig - especially when they started belting out We Are the Champions.

Theo, who is not scared of people he doesn't know or shy in any way, kneels up on the seat to look at the crowded carriage behind them and proudly announced to them that they were John Deacon's kids.

That makes them the most popular people on that train and by the time they get off at the other end of the line, the boys are convinced that they've all made new friends, shouting goodbyes as Roxanne practically drags them towards the car that's going to take them up to the house where they'll meet John and the rest of the band.

++|++

It was a day of perfect weather; sun beating down on the crowds but there was a cooling breeze that rolled through every so often which brought welcome relief to everyone in the vicinity.

Roxy felt quite sorry for those who were out there waiting in the grounds, it was all good for them being up in the air conditioned house but all of those poor people, they must be sweltering!

"Daddy!"

She turns from where she's looking out of the window, out into the grounds, seeing Robert running towards John, who comes down the stairs.

Whar she would do to be able to have a snoop around up there but as things stood, only the band were allowed free roam of the house and even then, there were obviously areas that were out of bounds even to them.