Chapter 14: Fight

"Mrs. CEO are you listening?"

Lisa snap out when she heard someone calling her name. She took her seat properly and nod her head.

"Yeah I'm listening just.. Go on" She replied as she flip the papers and fidget on her pen. She stare at it but she never read it, she's thinking about the picture she saw earlier.

In the middle of discussion, Lisa can't contain the frustration inside her head. She slam the papers and stood up ungracious that made everyone look at her, including Miyeon who's discussing her proposal in front of everyone.

"I'm sorry but I think the meeting shall adjourn, I'm not feeling well"

Lisa took everything on the table with the help of Dahyun who's daze on what happened. She grab everything from the table and follow her Boss.

"Is there something wrong about my proposal Mrs. Manoban?" Miyeon followed her until they get outside the conference room

Lisa stop and face her with a blank expression on her face "I'm sorry Ms. Cho but we can talk about this privately. We can have some coffee on the other day, I'll let Ms. Dahyun make a schedule for it and don't worry I check the proposal and it's really good. There's nothing wrong about it" She explained and give her a smile as a assurance before she left her.

"Thank You Mrs. Manoban" She bowed happily.

Miyeon is only a beginner in business industry, she's too eager to invest something at Lisa's company since it is the biggest company around the world. Her family can afford anything but not as the same level as Lisa.

"Are you sure you like her proposal?" Dahyun asked when she place the papers on the table.

Lisa pull her chair and flop on it, she rested her head on the backrest and look up at her room's ceiling.

"Honestly not but everyone starts from that level, even me.. I saw her background and it says that she's only a beginner in industry so I understand her" She explained with her tired voice.

Lisa move her feet so the chair may turn side ways to make her at ease. As Dahyun arranging her things, she's stealing some glances to her.

"Are you okay?"

Lisa pull her on the table and open the laptop "Yeah I'm okay just.. Leave me here and I'll do my work" She told without looking at her.

Dahyun left the room and Lisa get the chance to take her wine from her small wine rack, since the day she got married, Lisa put the big rack of wine away from her office and change it into smaller one. Just some decorations since she doesn't want the kids see the alcohols inside her office and she guess, she might use it this time.

Lisa pour her wine in the glass and drink it straight while looking at the picture.

"What is this Jennie? Tell me" She asked the picture as if it'll going to reply back.

She grip on her glass and massage the bridge of her nose to lessen her frustration. Lisa pour another glass of wine and drink right away.

She look on her phone to check if Jennie leave another message for her but it is empty. She drink the wine without using any glass on it, she didn't waste any single drop and as soon as it was emptied, she dialed someone's number and take her coat to leave the office.

"If someone look for me just tell them that be back tomorrow" She told to Dahyun when she reach her table and swiftly walk inside the elevator "Leave" She commanded to everyone who're inside of it.

A few minutes after, she reach the lobby of her company. Everyone who are passing by went on shocked when they saw the CEO ony by herself walking out of the company without any appointment to do.