He's tired

You heard the door close and Ashton groan as he dragged his feet inside. It's been a rough few days for him with all the work he's been doing with the band. He's barely had time to breathe, let alone get some well-deserved and much-needed sleep.

You stepped out of the kitchen and out to the living room where Ashton was laying on the couch with his arm draped over his forehead to block out the light that was turned on in the room.

You went up to him and shook his shoulder. he moved his arm and the first thing you noticed was the bags under his eyes. "Ash, you need to go up to bed." He sighed and nodded his head. He knew he needed to get up there but truthfully, he felt so tired he didn't think he could get up the stairs.

"Ash?" You spoke a moment later. He hadn't even noticed that he had closed his eyes again and nearly fell asleep. "Come on Ashton, I'll help you." You took his hand and helped him stand up. You moved your hand to his back and made sure he was steady enough to make it up the stairs. You could tell he desperately wanted to fall asleep right then and there, but he knew he couldn't.

"Not much further" you promised, but every step he took felt like one step too many. His body ached and all he wanted was to lay in bed with you by his side. And eventually, he made it there. You helped him lay down and get comfortable under the blankets.

you turned your back as if you were going to go downstairs, but he gently grabbed your wrist to stop you. "Where are you goin'?" He mumbled, his eyes barely open. He wanted to close them, he was desperate to. But he also didn't want you to leave. "I was gonna go grab you some water." Ashton chuckled tiredly. "that's sweet but all I want is for you to lay down with me."

You couldn't help but smile at him. You crawled under the covers next to him and he pulled you in his arms just a second later. He let out a content but tired sigh. You lifted your head and saw his eyes were closed, but he wasn't quite asleep yet. You could tell by his breathing.

"Maybe you should take the day off tomorrow?" You asked as you started to run your fingers through his hair making him hum. He nodded his head, knowing that he needed a day off and he was way too tired to argue even if he wanted to. "Goodnight, Ash. Sweet dreams." You muttered and kissed his chin. "Night y/n. I love you lots." He said before falling asleep, ready for a day off with you tomorrow.