the first time the boys meet your baby (requested)

Ashton felt like his heart was gonna burst. The day had been so overwhelming but so incredible. Your baby boy was finally in the world and Ashton was so in love.

As he laid next to you on the hospital bed and stared down at you with your newborn son in your arms, he had never felt happier or more in love before.

He was in awe of you, in awe of your body and your strength. He brushed a strand of damp hair behind your ear before leaning down to brush his lips your temple.

A knock on the door made him turn his head for the first time since your son had entered the world not even an hour prior. He left your arms to go open the door and he stepped aside to let the boys come in.

But right afterward, he was right back by you. He wrapped his arms around your shoulders and looked between you and your son and his three best friends. "He's perfect. Looks just like Ashton." Luke said and Calum and Michael nodded in agreement.

You cupped Ashton's chin. "I'm not complaining about that." You said with a tired smile before looking back down at your tiny son. "Do you guys wanna hold him?"

Their eyes lit up at that. "Can we?" Ashton nodded, carefully picking your son up from your embrace and shushing him softly as he whimpered from being away from your warmth.

He gently placed him in Michael's arms first and you swore that you saw tears in his eyes. "He's absolutely adorable." He said, brushing his thumb across his arm. He held him for another minute before gently placing him into Calum's arms, and Calum felt his knees go weak at the feeling of the tiny boy in his embrace.

He studied his features and yeah, he definitely looked a lot like Ashton, but he definitely had pieces of you as well, definitely your nose. "He's gonna be a little heartbreaker," Calum chuckled and kissed his head for a second before passing him off to Luke who was bouncing on his heels, begging to hold the baby too.

Ashton was by the bed with you again. He felt tears in his eyes over the sight of the boys, who truly meant the world to him, holding the little life you made together.

He took it back.

This was the happiest he had ever felt.

Your son started to whimper and Luke went wide-eyed, looking to you and Ashton for what to do. Ashton chuckled tearfully and had Luke place him back in his arms before he came back and put him back against your chest.

"She's a natural," Calum said as he watched you rub your hand up and down your son's back, helping him to stop fussing at the sound of your voice and feel of your warmth.

"She definitely is," Ashton whispered, giving you a smile as you turned to look at him. "She's perfect." He gave you a small kiss on your lips before kissing your cheek a couple of times. "I'm so proud of you." He whispered to you as you both looked back down at your son. You didn't ever wanna turn away.

"I said it when you first told us about y/n being pregnant and I'll say it again now. You really are gonna be amazing parents." Calum said as a tear fell from your eye. You were so grateful for your little family.

Ashton ran his thumb across your son's hand and rested his head on yours. "Well, welcome to the world, little dude. You're already so very loved."
He said as he closed his eyes and took a minute to really let it sink in that he was a dad now.

He was grateful; so very grateful. And he looked forward to the future with you and the little angel in your arms.