he's worried about you

He pressed his phone back to his ear as he continued to pace around the room.

You're almost an hour late and he wouldn't usually mind, but you haven't texted him or called him - not one word to let him know that you're safe, and he's worried.

He left another voicemail begging for you to call him back. He put his phone on the table and looked at his keys on the counter.

He grabbed them and went to put on his shoes, deciding to just go check on you and see if you had gotten caught up at work, when suddenly the sound of a car door closing caught his attention.

He moved the curtain aside and saw you starting to walk closer to the steps. He jumped up and ran to the door. He threw it open, taking you by surprise.

Without a single word he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you to his chest. His shoulders dropped and he let out a breath of relief.

You chuckled but happily hugged him back. "Ashton are you okay?" He pulled away and put his hands on your cheeks. "I was worried about you. You're almost two hours late, I thought you were hurt."

You reached up and put your hands over his, pulling it to your lips and pressing a couple kisses to his hand. "I'm sorry I got caught up and my phone died. I didn't mean to worry you, I'm sorry."

He put his arms back around you and pulled you inside the house making you laugh.

His lips were on yours as soon as the door closed. His nose bumped against yours when you pulled away before his lips trailed across your cheeks and your nose.

"I'm just happy that you're okay." He smiled, his hands running up and down your back soothingly. "Now, did you have lunch? Are you hungry?" He asked as he took ahold of your hand and led you to the kitchen.

He picked you up and sat you down on the counter, ready to get you whatever you needed and spend the rest of the evening with you.