he's sick

You helped Ashton lay back in bed and pulled the covers up to his chin as he shivered.

You just got home from the doctors, having to take him in this morning because of how sick he's been for the last couple of days. He's got bronchitis and he's feeling miserable, and a little clingy.

He kicked the blanket back off. "I'm too hot" he whined before he started to cough. You laid down next to him and started to rub his back while he kept coughing. "It's okay, Ash" you comforted as he reached out for you.

He put his head down on your stomach and closed his eyes when you started to run your fingers through his hair.

You hated to see him so sick and miserable. Every cough, every whine of how uncomfortable his chest felt, every time he'd kick the blankets off just to reach back for them a moment later, and every whimper of your name because he needed you there with him, broke your heart.

You put your hand on his forehead and frowned at how warm his skin felt under your fingers. "You're burning up, baby." You whispered and looked down to see his eyelashes lightly fluttering against his cheeks. "Is there anything you need, Ash? Anything I can do to make you feel better?"

He shook his head and coughed into his elbow. "I just need you to hold me." He mumbled and even though it was upsetting seeing him so sick, you still couldn't help but smile. He needed you to hold him. He needed you.

You wrapped your arms around him, one of your hands slipping under his shirt so you could rub his back a little better. You lightly dragged your nails along his skin and you heard him sigh softly. You didn't say anything but you didn't stop either.

You felt his hand on yours, his fingers ever so softly brushing along your hand. "I love you. Thanks for taking care of me." He whispered, his throat too sore to do much else.

You smiled at him and leaned down to kiss his warm forehead. "I love you too Ashton. I'll always take care fo you. Now go to sleep. I'm right here if you need anything at all."

You felt his back rise and fall against your hand. You kept stroking his skin as he fell asleep with his head still resting comfortably on your stomach.

You brushed your fingers through his hair and watched him as he slept, hoping he'd start to feel better soon.